Billboard Charts

• Administrator

"My Universe" becomes Max Martin's 25th #1 song as a writer, and his 23 #1 as a producer (he ties George Martin for most #1s as a producer).

Coldplay and BTS become the 15th and 16th artist/group that Max has #1s with:

1. Britney Spears

2. NSYNC

3. Katy Perry

4. Pink

5. Kelly Clarkson

6. Snoop Dogg

7. Kanye West

8. Maroon 5

9. Taylor Swift

10. Juicy J

11. Kendrick Lamar

12. The Weeknd

13. Justin Timberlake

14. Ariana Grande

15. Coldplay

16. BTS

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

It’s amazing how a song that fans heard 9 years ago, a song that wasn’t a single, became such a fan favourite and became the quintessential Taylor Swift song. And after all those years, it’s now #1.  

When I heard Taylor was re-recording her albums, I hoped Love Story and All Too Well could somehow potentially reach #1.  When Love Story didn’t get that much promotion (maybe because it was already a single?), I thought ATW wasn’t going to get that much attention either, at least not enough to reach #1.   I’m glad I was wrong and I’m so happy ATW got the promotion and recognition it truly deserves.  Taylor did that for us, her fans, because she knows how much the song means to us.  Definitely so thankful to her.

Please register in order to view this content

ATW is Taylor’s 8th #1 as an artist/writer, and 2nd #1 as a producer.  

• Members

Taylor Swift is the 7th female solo artist to reach 8 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The female solo artists to reach 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Mariah Carey (19), Rihanna (14), Madonna (12), Whitney Houston (11), Janet Jackson (10), Katy Perry (9), Taylor Swift (8).

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Taylor Swift is the 19th artist to reach 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.

• Members

Billboard also released an updated 'Greatest' of all time Hot 100 list this week.

Billboard‘s Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 Artists is based on chart points, and this list is pretty much the same as the last issuance in 2018.

Greatest of All Time Hot 100 Artists, Top 10:
1, The Beatles
2, Madonna
3, Elton John
4, Elvis Presley
5, Mariah Carey
6, Stevie Wonder
7, Janet Jackson
8, Michael Jackson
9, Whitney Houston
10, Rihanna

Meanwhile, The Beatles defend their No. 1 ranking on Billboard‘s Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 Artists chart (among close to 8,000 acts ever to appear on the weekly Hot 100). The icons, who also led the 2008, 2013 and 2018 all-time iterations, boast a record 20 No. 1s on the weekly Hot 100, among 34 top 10s, the most among groups.

Madonna, with 38 Hot 100 top 10s, the most among women, ranks second on Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 Artists, followed in the top five by, at No. 3, Elton John, currently at his highest rank on the weekly Hot 100 since 1998 with “Cold Heart (Pnau Remix),” with Dua Lipa; at No. 4, Elvis Presley, even with his career having predated the Hot 100’s inception by two years; and, at No. 5, Mariah Carey, who leads all soloists with 19 Hot 100 No. 1s, through her latest, “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” her 1994 carol that jingled to the apex at last in 2019, and leads Billboard‘s new Greatest of All Time Holiday 100 Songs chart.

While the Greatest of All-Time Hot 100 Artists recap’s top 10 mirrors that of the 2018 tabulation, Drake jumps to within the edge of the tier, bounding from No. 22 to No. 11. His top 10 count on the weekly Hot 100 stands at a record 54, while he also holds the marks for the most top 40 hits (144) and entries on the chart overall (259). He has notched nine No. 1s, through “Way 2 Sexy,” featuring Future and Young Thug, this September.

• Members

I’m actually somewhat impressed at how consistent Stevie Wonder has been on these lists. His run of hits from the ‘60s to the mid-‘70s is impeccable. Yet I don’t think the man has gotten his full due in the greater culture, and I hope it doesn’t take his passing for that to happen. There aren’t the books, the documentaries, the feature films, etc. one would expect for an artist of his stature. He’s super respected but almost taken for granted.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Dua Lipa’s “Levitating” is Billboard’s No. 1 Hot 100 song of 2021 in spite of never reaching No. 1 on the weekly chart:

Drake (not Olivia Rodrigo) is their Artist of the Year:

The disgraced Morgan Wallen has the year’s top album:

Edited by Faulkner

• 2 weeks later...