Billboard Charts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Beyoncé stopped being a singles artist since her ‘4’ album and focused primarily on being an albums artist. This is the first song in a long time she and Sony have really pushed at radio and at the (primarily gay) clubs, so it all seems intentional. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Beyoncé is the 8th female solo artist to reach 8 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The female solo artists to reach 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Mariah Carey (19), Rihanna (14), Madonna (12), Whitney Houston (11), Janet Jackson (10), Katy Perry (9), Taylor Swift (8), Beyoncé (8).

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Beyoncé is the 20th artist to reach 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.

• Members

“As It Was” is back at No. 1 for an 11th non-consecutive week:

“Running Up That Hill” just continues to impress. It’s having the stability of a contemporary hit, not some classic single popular only because of its inclusion as a needle-drop in a TV series.

• Members

@Faulkner Yes, every week I check to see if the song is still on the charts. I know some are sick of hearing it, but I'm just glad Kate finally has her moment in the US. I do wish some of her other songs could get some traction too as she has so many classics,  but that won't take away from what she has accomplished here, and apparently some of those songs actually have benefited: 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/kate-bush-stranger-things-sync-warner-music-1235197021/

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Same. It’s encouraging to see her songs connect here. Makes me hopeful. Like a dream almost, because it’s so unexpected. I certainly didn’t expect radio to play it so aggressively. Still surreal to walk into a grocery store and hear RUTH played after Lizzo and Beyoncé.