Billboard Charts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Harry Styles’s “As It Was” holds at No. 1 for a 13th week. His “Late Night Talking” jumps to No. 3 following a sales push. “Super Freaky Girl” looks to be Nicki’s most stable and organic hit in ages. Kate’s RUTH is finally taking a tumble from its Top 5 perch, and Morgan Wallen is back in the top 10:

• Administrator

Interesting. I wonder after this change, you’ll see songs last longer at #1 and in the top 10.  Or if you’ll see less album bombs (I think that’s what it’s called, when you get like 7 songs in the top 10 from an artist) in the top 10 during its release week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Taylor Swift is the 7th female solo artist to reach 9 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The female solo artists w/ 9 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Mariah Carey (19), Rihanna (14), Madonna (12), Whitney Houston (11), Janet Jackson (10), Katy Perry (9), Taylor Swift (9).

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Taylor Swift is the 15th artist to reach 9 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.

• Administrator

LOL Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous and awesome.  I'm happy Taylor became the first to get all 10 spots. This is her 3rd number 1 as a producer.  She also has the record for most #2's (7 songs) that never went to #1. 

Here's a rundown of what she achieved on the hot 100, from Billboard's article:

- she becomes the first artist to claim the survey’s entire top 10 in a single frame.

- she now boasts the most top 10s among women in the chart’s history, with 40 (surpassing Madonna’s 38). Among all acts, she trails only Drake (59 top 10s).

- she ties Ariana Grande for the most No. 1 entrances (5) among women.

- Swift is the first artist to have debuted atop the Billboard 200 and Hot 100 simultaneously as many as four times.

With the rule change coming in November, I wonder how it's going to affect future album bombs.  Will it make it harder to dominate the chart like this?