Billboard Charts

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

This was a missed opportunity for Taylor to get another #1 song.  I just don't think she played this right.  I think she should've waited until "Karma" was higher on the chart (it was at #27 last week), and then drop the remix.  If she did that, I think the song would've went to #1.   Instead she gets her 8th #2 song. 

• Members

Olivia gets her third No. 1 (after “Drivers License” and “Good 4 U”) and becomes the first artist to debut their lead singles from their first two albums at No. 1. Tracking suggests Morgan will reclaim No. 1 (for a 14th week) next week:

Edited by Faulkner

• Administrator

Good for Olivia!  Love her music.  I really think she's the next big star.   Love seeing Cruel Summer continue to rise each week.  It's gaining so many streams due to the tour - so people are finally discovering it. It's always been a fan favourite.   If Taylor wants the song to go #1, she needs to drop a remix or two on Friday.  It would pretty much guarantee the song to go #1 with the help of new sales and streaming. 

• Administrator

Some more records for Taylor, most notably being the first female, and solo artist, to have 3 top 10 songs on the Hot 100 from 3 different albums.

From Billboard:

Plus, as Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) launches at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, the set’s “I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” debuts at No. 5 on the Hot 100. The song joins Swift’s “Cruel Summer,” from 2019’s Lover, and “Karma,” from 2022’s Midnights, in the Hot 100’s top 10 – making Swift the first woman ever with simultaneous top 10s from three of her own albums. Among all acts, only The Beatles previously achieved such a triple from three of their albums.  Meanwhile, “I Can See You” opens as Swift’s 42nd Hot 100 top 10, extending her record for the most among women.

------

As Taylor Swift’s Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) soars in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart – marking her 12th leader, the most among women, as she surpasses Barbra Streisand’s 11 – the re-recorded LP’s “I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” debuts at No. 5 on the Hot 100. The song starts with 24.7 million streams, 361,000 in airplay audience and 4,000 sold.

The track arrives as Swift’s 42nd Hot 100 top 10, extending her record for the most among women.

Most Billboard Hot 100 Top 10s:

• 68, Drake
  • 42, Taylor Swift
  • 38, Madonna
  • 34, The Beatles
  • 32, Rihanna
  • 30, Michael Jackson
  • 29, Elton John
  • 28, Mariah Carey
  • 28, Stevie Wonder
  • 27, Janet Jackson
  • 26, Justin Bieber
  • 25, Lil Wayne
  • 25, Elvis Presley (whose career start predated the Hot 100’s inception)

---------

“I Can See You” is also Swift’s 26th top five Hot 100 hit, the chart’s fifth-best total. Drake leads with 35 top five entries, followed by The Beatles (29), Madonna (28) and Mariah Carey (27).

Meanwhile, “I Can See You” joins Swift’s “Cruel Summer,” down to No. 9 on the Hot 100 from its No. 7 high, and “Karma” (featuring Ice Spice), which dips 9-10 after reaching No. 2, in the top 10. With the tracks from three Swift albums – Speak Now (Taylor’s Version), 2019’s Lover and 2022’s Midnights, respectively – she becomes the first woman with simultaneous top 10s from three of her own albums.

Among all acts, only The Beatles have also charted three simultaneous Hot 100 top 10s from three different albums of theirs: On the Feb. 29, 1964, chart, “I Want To Hold Your Hand” ranked at No. 1, “She Loves You” placed at No. 2 and “Please Please Me” entered the top 10 at No. 6; the songs were released on, respectively, the Fab Four’s U.S. albums Meet The Beatles, The Beatles’ Second Album and Introducing… The Beatles.

• Administrator

Thank you, K-Pop fans! LOL  Nice to see two POCs block Aldean.  Hopefully he falls out of the top 10 next week.   Cruel Summer still in the top 10....come on Taylor, you can easily get a #1 here if you drop a remix.