Billboard Charts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 Pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Drake is 6th male solo artist to reach 8 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The male solo artists with 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Michael Jackson (13), Stevie Wonder (10), Elton John (9), Usher (9), George Michael (8), Drake (8).

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 Pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Drake is the 16th artist to reach 8 #1s. 

Drake is the 7th artist not from the United States to reach 8 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The artists not from the United States with 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are The Beatles (20), Rihanna (14), The Bee Gees (9), Elton John (9), The Rolling Stones (8), George Michael (8), Drake (8).

Drake cements his record as the Canadian artist with most #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.

• Members

Cardi B is the 17th female solo artist to reach 5 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.  When all artists are counted, Cardi B is the 44th artist to reach 5 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. 

Cardi B is also the first female rapper to reach 5 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 and the fifth rapper overall to reach 5 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The rappers with 5 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Drake (8), Diddy (5), Ludacris (5), Eminem (5), Cardi B (5).

• Members

Justin Bieber is the 10th male solo artist to reach 7 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. He is the 22nd artist to reach 7 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.

Among artists not from the United States, Justin Bieber is the 9th artist to reach 7 #1s. He is also the second Canadian artist to reach 7 #1s.

I still cannot believe that Justin Bieber has more #1s than Prince.

• Members

Dude is pretty marketing-savvy. Never thought I’d see an explicit song about gay male love and sex (name-checking a contemporary gay movie classic and accompanied by a music video featuring him giving Satan a lapdance) shoot to No. 1. Yet here we are, in the Year of our Lord 2021.

• Members

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 Pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Bruno Mars is the 7th male solo artist to reach 8 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The male solo artists with 8 or more #1s on the Billboard Hot 100 are Michael Jackson (13), Stevie Wonder (10), Elton John (9), Usher (9), George Michael (8), Drake (8), Bruno Mars (8).

If we do not count Elvis Presley's 11 Pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s, Bruno Mars is the 17th artist to reach 8 #1s. 

Of the artists with 7-9 Billboard Hot 100 #1s that had #1s from 2010-now (Usher, Katy Perry, Drake, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber), I'd say Drake will be the first artist from this group to reach 10 Billboard Hot 100 #1s.

• Members

I learned not to count one hit wonders back in 2005, when I thought Rihanna and Ciara would both be one-hit wonders with Pon De Replay and Goodies. Now a days it's all about finding the right producer, sound and getting people talking.