Billboard Charts

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Weeknd is the 11th male solo artist and Ariana Grande is the 11th female solo artist to reach 6 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100. The Weeknd is also the 11th artist not from the United States and 3rd Canadian artist to reach 6 #1s on the Billboard Hot 100.

The Weeknd has moved past Lionel Richie, Prince, Diddy, Ludacris, Eminem, Justin Timberlake in the male solo artist list. The next male solo artists to catch are Elvis Presley (if we do not count the 11 pre-Billboard Hot 100 #1s), Phil Collins, fellow Canadian Justin Bieber.

Ariana Grande has moved past Barbra Streisand, Olivia Newton-John, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Lady Gaga, Cardi B in the female solo artist list, and is tied with Diana Ross and Paula Abdul. The next female solo artists to catch are Beyoncé and Taylor Swift. 

• Administrator

Don't know why they made BTS the headline (okay, maybe I do) because everyone tries to game the system with discount prices.   Billboard needs to change this by making sales of singles count less in points. 

• Members

Yeah, I just feel like the charts need to better reflect how people consume music. We’re in an age when data are more ready available. I’m sure the industry loves to incentivize sales. But one big thing is stop counting 50,000 remixes towards one song.