Billboard Charts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Way to go, Olivia!  Ballads don’t often have this kind of success anymore.  It’s amazing to see this song, from a new artist, blow up like this.  The song doesn’t really have a catchy hook, or awesome beats, or some kind of viral meme/challenge that people are doing.  

She’s also half-Filipina which is really cool because there isn’t really any big female Asians popstars.  

I’m rooting for her because she makes (so far) the kind of music I like. She’s the first out of all these younger pop acts that I’m truly excited about.  She has the look, she plays the guitar, she writes her own songs, she has a good voice, she has a good personality.....I see a lot of potential. 

I really hope she isn’t a one hit wonder, or let the this success to go her head, or let the scrutiny and pressure lead to something bad.  

• Administrator

It's the 24th song to do this - WAP was the last song to do it.  I wish Billboard released the points with their reports.

Olivia Rodrigo's 'Drivers License' Is One of the Most Dominant No. 1s of Last 30 Years

"With Olivia Rodrigo's "Drivers License" racing onto the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Jan. 23, 2021) at No. 1, the out-of-the-box pop powerhouse easily laps every potential challenger, arriving with well over twice as many Hot 100 chart points as its closest competitor, the current No. 2 "Mood" by 24kgoldn featuring iann dior. "License" is the 24th song that can claim to be at least twice as popular as any other song on the chart that week."

• Administrator

Drivers License has its first block!  If it weren't for DL, 34+35 would've gone to #1.  It got the remix-push-to-#1 with the addition of Dojo Cat and Megan - Ariana, Dojo, and Megan all had #1s last year.   DL is expected to stay at #1 until the Super Bowl week where Blinding Lights has a good chance to regain the top spot.

• 2 weeks later...