Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought today's show was interesting and was more balanced than other shows this week. Adam wasn't on and a nice amount of characters were used. I liked seeing Jack and Ashley spend time together in Paris on today's show and seem more at peace with each other. I thought that the Cane/Traci scenes were nice and found it interesting that Traci pretty much shot down Cane's idea of possibly being something more. I wonder if this is the end of the road for them as a potential couple, or if maybe there will be just a really slow burn for them. I did see a few days back Daniel Goddard mention on Instagram that he was meeting with the showrunners to discuss potential storylines for Cane. So maybe it is and things won't go any further for Cane/Traci.

Also, I don't care for the way that Lola is trying to dig into Kyle's past. She is so immature. She can't do anything about whatever he did in the past. I don't think that Kyle did anything really terrible in the past in New York. I believe he probably just partied a lot/was wild. I don't think he did anything really terrible in NY. He has changed since then.  I think that Lola should be grateful that he changed and leave things alone. Or if she's that concerned about his past, really talk with him about it, instead of digging for dirt on him behind his back. I think she' s digging for something bad, so she can use that as another excuse to act like she's too good for him. 

And I'm glad it was revealed that Nate actually did keep some of the money from the sale of Neil's penthouse. I didn't like it when he sold the penthouse, but am glad he will be still be getting his own home. And It looks like Phyllis'/Summer's relationship is going downhill again. Ever since MS Phyllis came back Summer and her have been clashing quite a bit. Summer has been giving her attitude and it hasn't been warranted a lot of times. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For some reason they are having Summer be at odds again with Phyllis for hardly any good reason. They also did this with Summer/GT's Phyllis under Mal when she decided to hurt her mother by going after Billy. I don't care to see Summer at odds with her mother like this.

IMO, this is unfortunate. I liked Cane and Traci. And the worst part about this is that Beth is not going to have much of a storyline let alone a romance now that they have ended Cane/Traci. She hasn't had a romance in a while and who knows when or even if she will get one again.

And she doesn't have the options that Cane has either. He could be put with Phyllis, or maybe even Abby, if her and Nate don't work out. Or heck even Ana, (though I know a lot of people might not like that)'  He could be put with a variety of women on the show. Traci doesn't have as many options on the show and this could definitely affect her airtime/storyline potential.

Edited by xtr

• Members

If this is the case, the show is in more trouble than I could've imagined.  I sincerely doubt that Bill Bell Sr. sat with actors to discuss "potential storylines".  He wrote a storyline, the actors performed the storyline. If something seemed to be lacking, Bell Sr. tweaked storyline.  Full stop.  I've never heard of this type of thing and writing by committee is usually a recipe for disaster. 

Also, those Lane fans (who are 90% Cane fans and maybe 5-10% Lily and/or both) are just the worst! Y&R should seriously consider whether DG is worth all of this baggage. Maybe swap him for a character/actor who might actually generate more interest. 

• Members

That is so insulting.

Plus, it must be so awful working with a costar who'd rather be on another planet, rather than share a scene with you. You can tell by DG's delivery he was phoning it in (more than usual).

The day DG leaves the show for good will be too late.

• Members

Wow. Beth isn't even trying to play it off. I guess if other longtime cast members can be frank, she should too. 

The sad thing is Goddard will likely be rewarded for his petulance. Imagine being a nearly 50 year old man and being this entitled, and when you have [!@#$%^&*] all reason to be. At least Braeden earned his petulance. 

• Members

I think it's pretty apparent that Beth really liked this pairing too. And now she might not hardly any screen time now that it's ended. And they did have fans. They recently made it to the SID list of top 10 couples.

I am concerned they may not do much of anything with Traci now. If Jett were still around they could do Jett/Traci, but who knows when or if he might be back. Plus no one in his family is getting much screen time development. Elena isn't really developed shown a ton And Ana isn't getting hardly any screen time either lately. She's not on tomorrow's episode and hasn't been shown for almost two weeks.

Jett's family member's onscreen are being given hardly any airtime so I doubt they bring him back. But that was another pairing that some people were interested in for Traci. I've also seen some people say they want her and Paul (though he's happy with Christine now). But DD probably would probably love the extra airtime and story if they did something with Traci/Paul/Chris.

I also wonder who they may try Cane with next. I could see them maybe doing something with him and Phyllis. Maybe. But he would be better off being more accepting of potential pairings. Because the last time a potential pairing for him ended (Cane/Victoria) he was only shown one episode a month for a couple of months. After he had a good amount of episodes with AH/Victoria. He may go back to hardly being shown again for a bit, until they think of something to do with him. Especially since all the Ashby's are gone/not seen. And he rarely interacts with the Winters family anymore. 

• Members

I thought the Cane/Traci pairing had some potential...at least it was something different. DG blew it if he fought against this story. He could have been paired with an Emmy winner whose character is arguably the moral center of the show.

I did think a Traci/Paul/Chris triangle could have potential and give all of those vets a story. I'd love it if they somehow managed to make Traci a mom again (maybe she adopts a teen that could be added to the scene).

• Members

I mean, I didn't want the pairing either, it was stupid. But DG is like blandly good looking and has no charm. There are thousands of men in Hollywood who look exactly like him. Meanwhile Traci was married to Don Diamont's Brad Carlton, one of the hunkiest soap hunks of all time.