Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If YR is 99% ff material now, the other 3 soaps are at 100%.

I’m a big Gina Tognoni fan, but I don’t think Michelle Stafford is struggling at all with her return. She doesn’t seem off to me.

The cooking show stuff with Lola was trainwreck bad, and Mama Rosales shouldn’t look like one of the owners of a grand Hotel.

Jack and the lady who lost her dad to Alzheimer’s...I mean, WTF was that? I care about her less than I care about Chelsea’s dead husband.

Good to see Jess Walton back.

• Members

I wonder what will happen with this storyline with Chance. On today's show Rey told Nick he was running around with Adam and got busted with assault. Rey told Nick that Adam bailed him out after he did that. Jill also revealed that Chance quit his job with the Department of Defense and that she/Nina/Phillip haven't heard from him for a while. She did mention the father/son Himalayas trip he took with Phillip III a little over a year ago and that he seemed fine then. But Nick revealed that Chance has been in Vegas for a year now which surprised Jill.

I wonder why Chance has been hanging around with Adam and what type of other trouble Chance may have gotten into. I also wonder why Chance was running around with an amnesiac Adam and didn't think to tell anyone in Genoa City he was still alive. I wonder why Chance would have kept quiet about that. I am interested in seeing what is going on with Chance and looking forward to seeing him interact with Jill, whenever he may show up.

Also, Rey/Celeste do not come across believable as mother and son. I think that she is younger looking than he is, even with his clean shaven face. Celeste mentioned today Papa Rosales has contacted her and they have been keeping in touch. I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up in a little bit. 

• Members

Who's the new dude with the wild sexual chemistry with Kyle?  They can't be serious that these two were womanizers.  They totally want each other.  Now wouldn't it be interesting if the network had the stones to reveal Kyle is bi and his friend and he.......

And ditto to the comment about A Martinez as Papa Rosales. NOOOOO.  But Eva rocks.  Love the deeper voice and the cosmetic work she may have had over the years is more subtle than some actresses in her age group.  ehem....Cynthia Watros....

• Members

I liked the Phyllis/Christine scenes today. I am glad that Christine is being showed more lately. I also seeing more of Paul and the way he is character is being utilized right now. I also liked the very short Phyllis/Billy interaction in today's show. All five seconds of it, lol.

Celeste and this storyline with Kyle and Lola continue to be boring. Her hovering and trying to prevent them from living together is not interesting or soapy. I think they should do something else with Celeste's character. She should be interacting more with Jack and other people in town.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Someone on another site who saw the Canadian episode for Monday says that Loren Lott  is now in the opening credits. I'm glad to hear that and hopes this is a sign she/Ana will continue to stick around. It sounded like she was the only new person that has been added to the opening credits so far.

Edited by xtr