Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What?  You mean, the shrine to him that Steve Kent keeps in his armoire isn't enough?

Please register in order to view this content

I hate to say it, but I really wish his tactics on social media WOULD backfire on him.  It would serve him right, and the show would be so much better off without him, too.

He must have some hope -- however quixotic it is -- that CK could come back, should Lane fans be able to pressure TPTB into offering her a sweetheart deal.

Of course, the little man in my stomach tells me CK could be egging him on BTS, but that's just a gut feeling and nothing more.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Apologies then! Sorry :/ 

I think he's on borrowed time and he knows it, but ultimately they always find a way to keep him around so you're right. Now they're using Beth/Traci in the hopes of keeping him around but he's of course baiting the Lane fans. They really truly need to cut their losses here. But they won't.

I'm with you on all of this.

And Steve Kent can kick rocks.

• Members

Binged the week. Kind of boring. 

Good:

1. ELR is a natural and looks fantastic. If Celeste is given some depth, she could work with Aunt Jack. But we know the odds are against her staying long-term. 

2. I figured Ana was a goner/2x month character, but I really like LL. Devon explaining why he wants her to work with Theo was solid. 

3. Myle - the natural chemistry is only heightened when Kyle/Lola scenes follow

4. Phyllis' party disaster. Perfect. And that the 3 people who did show, have always stuck by Phyllis.

5. Surprisingly, Kevin is much less annoying this time around. Though I'd never want to see Kevin driving any story. Recurring in limited doses could work.

Indifferent/Bad

1. Chelsea. Why is this husband, who apparently is dead after 3 episodes, even brought into the mix? Not necessary. Chadam have such a complicated history that the audience would buy her reluctance to jump back into a relationship.  

2. Connor/Christian. OMG it was getting really confusing/annoying as different characters were going back and forth about the two of them discussing paternity, adoption, etc. The whole thing about Connor seeing Chelsea's husband as his father was just bizarre considering Chelsea barely left GC 15 months ago. Connor 'barely' remembers Adam? Did Chlesea erase the thousands of hours of video footage public/private that available on Adam Newman? 

3. Drunk SuperGirl. No! Though Phyllis 'rescuing/mothering' her were better than I expected.

4. Victoria confronting Phyllis was completely flat - bad set-up, dialogue and AH was playing it far too distant. This should have had much more fire. 

• Members

Overall, I liked today's show. But Adam could have been left out of it. I actually thought the stuff with him was the least interesting part of today's show. Even less interesting than Nick/Chelsea interacting today.

I enjoyed the scenes with Ana/Nate and Ana/Theo/Summer. I wish they would use Nate more. I really do like him and he deserves to have more to do. I liked the advice he gave Ana about her needing to have a personal life. I also thought that the scenes with him and Elena were good and realistic, when they were talking about her working as an EMT was triggering memories of her mother. The show really should utilize Nate more and he needs his own romance. I wonder if they have decided to drop his romance with Abby. They haven't done much of anything with it. 

I also like Ana/Theo/Summer. I do think we are headed for a triangle and I did sense a vibe between Theo/Ana. Especially on Theo's end towards Ana.  The look he gave Ana when he was talking about how she could count on them making beautiful music together. And I think it was amusing how when he got up to shake her hand, after she got up to leave, she didn't shake it. The expression on his face was amusing when that happened.

I also liked that Summer and Ana actually seemed friendly towards each other. I would like to see them as friends, though that may not happen if there is indeed a triangle. Then again maybe it could, if Summer ends up being paired with somebody like Chance. Maybe if Theo ends up being paired with Ana, it's done in a way where him and Summer can part on amicable terms. I do think that what the show plans to do with Summer, will definitely factor into how things play out.

Edited by xtr