Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like the carnival set.It was nice seeing Summer and Theo enjoying themselves and them/others doing some things that people would actually do at a Carnival. I liked how Summer mentioned what the carnival meant to people in a smaller city like GC.

Kyle and Mariah don't spend as much time with each other as they used to but it was nice seeing them spend time today. They have more chemistry together than he does with Lola and she does with Tessa. I saw more there with him just grabbing her hand, than I've seen with either of their pairings. IMO, Kyle and Mariah need to be visited as a couple in the future:

This storyline with Mama Rosales isn't very interesting. Her not wanting her daughter to live with her finace before marriage (and Kyle trying to cover that up), isn't exactly compelling soap. I think she will end up being a bit uptight and I see Kyle/Lola continuing to have very basic, dull plotlines in their story. From what I read of her interview at SOC, she will mostly just be interacting with Lola right now, and to a lesser degree with Rey. She said she only taped one scene with Peter Bergman so far, so we may not be getting much of Celeste/Jack anytime soon. (If they even pair them together.)

Though while I don't like Lola or this storyline, I do think that her and Eva are believable as mother and daughter. 

And while I don't care for Chelsea, I do like her pantsuit. And I actually liked her scenes with Nick/Christian at the park. Christian nodding his head that he remembered her and Connor was cute. I also think that the young actor that plays Christian looks a lot like JM/Nick.

And her new husband Calvin is a not a bad looking silver haired older man. I like his Southern accent, lol.

Edited by xtr

• Members

They do and it's sad they are attached to people that aren't really aren't good for them. And IMO in Kyle's case really drags him down. Who knows when or if they will ever be set free from Tessa/Lola. I could see Kyle being stuck with Lola for a long time, because she is rarely written to lose anything. He might one day have an affair or something, but even if that happens, I could see that being very brief.

I could see him getting a lot of blame and after begging/pleading with her to take him, they may reunite. But truth be told, I'm not sure when he will be allowed to be interested in another woman again. I do believe he is tied to Lola for the long haul, and that relationship will continue to be to the detriment of his character. 

• Members

I know, right? Instead of locking Mariah into being 'gay,' it would be far more groundbreaking and consistent with the character's history, if she were pan/fluid. Like ED, it's been challenging finding a sizzler for CG, but Myle just jumped from Day 1. 

• Members

I thought Mariah was supposed to be bi.

But yes - they did this with her to keep her from gaining in popularity vs. other female leads they both find more conventionally attractive and whom they prefer to push instead. It's ludicrous that CG and Loren Lott are not being treated as central young female leads. Camryn is IMO the most seasoned younger female lead they have. Why neither she nor LL are seriously considered with Mealor is beyond me. The Kyle/Mariah thing was there at a glance months and months ago, and I barely watch this damn show.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I believe that Mariah still likes men as well. One time a while back before she officially started dating Tessa (but wanting to pursue something with Tessa), she and Summer were having a discussion about attracting people. A good looking man hit on Summer and Mariah asked her how was she able to attract hot men. I think that Summer made some reference to Mariah also still liking men as well. (In addition to liking Tessa).

And they have had her refer to Tessa as her "person", in a way that makes me think that her attraction to Tessa is mostly about her mainly being attracted to Tessa as a person. As opposed to just women in general. So IMO, there is an out there to put her with a man later on.

I truly believe they should put her with Kyle at some point. The chemistry is there and that would be a better and healthier relationship than she's had with Tessa and definitely better than what Kyle has with Lola.

Some people would get upset by that because some people insist and want Mariah to be gay. Including Mariah/Tessa fans, and Kyle/Lola fans who don't want Mariah with Kyle romantically. But as far as I know she's never flat out said she's a lesbian.

Edited by xtr