Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IIRC the claim was J*NNY keeps changing IPs. That and/or he has an admirer who picked up part of the game. IMO it is two people at most. It's got to stop and they have to be banned. In the meantime all we can do is block and ignore. But that's not an excuse to not ban them or moderate them. I know Errol's been working very hard to try to upgrade the board, but stricter control over this is desperately needed. There is a reason the troll feels emboldened now after almost a year of banishment. There's at least 5-7 of these.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Why isn’t it enough around here just to ignore or block posters? What’s the good of labeling people as trolls and troublemakers and saying Errol has to do something???

That complaining is more ruinous to th3 board than these supposed trolls are. There aren’t that many people posting here, and it seems counterintuitive to chase people away. I’m not sure everyone called a troll here is actually a troll. 

Does it it really matter if Jonny or whoever has a new account or ten new accounts? As long as the posts are about the soap, so what? This shouldn’t be a place where people are afraid to post for fear of being called a troll.

• Members

They're not about the soaps. They're trolling. And it's not enough bc they overrun the board with multiple accounts designed to incite chaos, and some people are always stupid enough to keep responding to the bait and clogging threads.

If you don't have a problem with it, you're in the minority. You don't have to agree, but you have to respect people's feelings about the issue as opposed to pretending this is simply another difference of taste about a soap. Because believe it or not, no one is particularly interested in your attempts to make yourself the vocal outsider in literally every single discussion topic.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I must say, I've tried not to be negative and just watch and enjoy what good parts the show has and try to overlook the negative, but I'm getting to the point where the show is becoming difficult to watch! I'm about two weeks behind and I don't see anything that is making me want to catch up. I'm going to try and binge this week, but the show is becoming very dull. Chelsea's return is what killed it for me. I can deal with Adam overload because he is a good actor and connected to the Newman's, but Chelsea is such a dull character and I feel she's instantly brought the mood down. I'm to the point where her husband has died and it makes no sense. Her husband was a good actor, but hardly developed before he died. Then they're putting her with Nick and I don't see any chemistry. Nick is becoming boring again. I can't understand why Nick isn't back with Sharon or even Phyllis. I'm not Phick fan, but he has *no* chemistry with Chelsea. 

I'm hoping to see something exciting in this thread for this upcoming week to hopefully motivate me more to catch up.

• Members

I am happy to see Joseph C. Hall on a soap again. I like him as the judge and hopes he sticks around for at least a few episodes. I actually liked the custody hearing today with him Nick, Adam and Judge Sanchez. I thought that Nick did a nice job of representing himself through most of it, though of course things went south once the video of him impersonating JT was released. I also thought it was funny how Adam brought up how Nick kept bringing home random women not too long ago. Nick was upset about that, but Adam did tell the truth. 

• Members

The show’s just not good, and I’ve given it a shot. There’s just no pulse to Genoa City, and while I can see MG is talented, I’ve never been a fan of those youngish types of leading man villains who totally dominate a show and emasculate their peers (à la E.J. or Stefan on DAYS). 

• Members

Joseph C Hall is bringing such a realistic and natural portrayal and vibe to the show as Judge Sanchez. I am enjoying him and hope he sticks around for a least a little while. 

Also, Lola continues to be incredibly unlikeable and sanctimonious. On today's show Kyle told her that his past in NY included sleeping with a lot of women alcohol and drugs. And she blamed his behavior on Summer, who was not around him in NY when he was doing that stuff. Kyle did take responsibility for his actions, but Lola still tried to blame them on Summer. Lola is ridiculous and incredibly immature and should have been asked Kyle about his past if she wanted to know about it. She also has been acting like she wanted to find bad news about his past and acted squeamish about it, before he even told her about what happened. 

Lola is very immature and annoying. I don't think that she is ready for a serious relationship let alone marriage. She needs to understand that Kyle had a life before her and even if he wasn't living the most honorable life, the stuff he was doing, wasn't the worst stuff in the world and he's changed. She's always had a hard time accepting who he is, even when he's "behaved" himself and acted like a good person. Now she's digging for stuff in his past, to be upset about. She really is ridiculous. 

Also, Chelsea is treating Adam like an enemy and has been doing that since she found out he was still alive. I guess the writers are writing her this way so she can be paired with Nick again. Right now she really is acting like she doesn't have hardly any feelings for Adam. I thought that Sharon made good points when she asked Chelsea did her and Nick intend to keep Adam's kids from him forever. 

And I wonder what will end up happening between Theo and Phyllis. Now that she has hired him to help her with the opening of her new hotel. I wonder if they may end up sleeping together. 

Edited by xtr