Y&R July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Loren posted her watching the episode on Instagram and it's obvious that was her last episode. She kept saying "the end of the road" and various goodbyes. This is shameful. They brought all these pointless characters back and she gets fired because she's black and they don't want to invest in a dark skinned black actress. But Lola is around with her boring ass. And Chelsea. I have no desire to catch up now. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And the characters they do feature have been driving the show to record low ratings for a month now!

It's a shame that they never took advantage of Loren's full potential, but not totally unsurprising given the state of the show's black cast. This is the same show that took Miashel Morgan for granted last year, despite being the show's ONLY popular younger and black actor in the last 10-15 years, and are now begging for her to come back. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Shameful.

I'll refrain from making a comment about where I wish she'd turn up in a perfect world on a show that no longer airs because I always find those immediate 'wishful casting' posts super tacky. I'll just say that if they've really dropped her it is a huge waste.

• Members

That's what it seemed like and she made references to Bryton and Brytni being there for her. It looks like those suspicions that people on Twitter had about her being out, due to stuff she said about a month ago, may indeed be correct.

If so, I will miss her. I have really enjoyed her and Ana since she came on. This show failed this character and blatantly refused to give her a decent storyline. Except for way early on when she was interacting with Fen, and developing a friendship with him. But once he was gone it all went downhill.

They refused to pair her with Fen, even though they had good chemistry, and both actors wanted to be paired together.  Zach Tinker expressed multiple times he wanted to be paired with her and they were building a fanbase. After Fen left they refused to pair her with anyone else, and her secret ended up being a bit of let down. They gave her a father but didn't show us anything about her journey to find him. They also barely wrote for him and got him up off the show quickly. I believe he was mostly brought on to wrap up her secret and to introduce Elena as a love interest for Devon.

Josh then hardly had her interact with her 20 something peers and didn't really integrate her with them. Except for when he put her in an awkward storyline with Tessa/Mariah where she came off as a third wheel.  Josh had her clash with Devon multiple times and had him berate her, while he gave Mariah a position she didn't earn/deserve and didn't criticize her at all. 

And then finally they dangled a storyline in front of her about Theo mentoring her, and snatched that away because they wanted to use Theo more as angst for Kyle/Lola and have him go work for Phyllis. So her last lifeline and storyline was taken from her, before it ever really started.

The way they treated her was definitely shameful and IMO, very blatant. She and her character deserved much better than what they gave her.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Wait, Loren Lott/Ana is gone? And Lola boring ass is still here. And Chloe is coming back?

Yeah, no screw that.

Stafford return has been a bust. Adam's return has taken up too much space. No idea what the hell they're doing.

• Members

Loren Lott is pretty much confirming her exit even more by retweeting comments from fans who are talking about Ana exiting the show. As well as the treatment of Loren and her character. What a waste of a talented and beautiful actress. I would like to see her back on the show, but if that doesn't happen, I hope that she does well moving forward and has a lot more success in her career.

Edited by xtr

• Members

If that were the case, they would have gotten rid of someone like Theo first (especially since it looks like they may be making him a bad guy.) They just didn't want to write for Ana, even though the character had a lot of potential and there is a lot of stuff they could have done for her. What they did to her IMO was blatant and very disrespectful. She wasn't given any type of love interest or even a kiss in nine months.  They wasted her even though she had chemistry with Zach Tinker's Fen. And if they didn't like him they could have put her with someone else.

They had her  hang underneath Devon, which didn't do much for her character and didn't provide much of a storyline for her. (Except have him and her clash over ridiculous stuff and have him berate her.) And then they made her an awkward third wheel for Tessa/Mariah, which also didn't really work. They were giving her crumbs when they could have done much more with the character.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Oh no. I’m talking about the black characters. It’s just a pattern when one regime creates new black characters, they are rarely kept (or if they are kept, they aren’t featured) by the next regime. Yes, it happens to characters of all races when new writers take over, as HWs tend to want to create their own newbies and attach them to a selection of veterans. But still.

• Members

In her farewell video on YouTube, she said the show told her they were firing her so they could use the budget for other characters and because they couldn't think of a story. Huh? You can't think of a story for a twentysomething glamazon who has chemistry with everyone? But u can for literally every other person in her age range? Just admit you're racist and go lol.