Y&R May Sweeps

• Members

Here are some more upcoming spoilers from SID and SOD: 

Billy is going to make amends. Sharon and Mia are going to clash and Sharon will warn Mia. Kyle and Lola will make love, Victor is.going to.have complete control, Cane will open up to Jill. Abby will worry about Devon and Devon will overstep with Elena.

Mariah will defend Tessa and Sharon/Rey will make a shocking discovery. Also Victor will deliver shocking news and Paul will confront Mia.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here are some more spoilers for next week from Lynda Hirsch's soap column:

Jill will initially be jealous that Cane has been confiding in Traci about his problems with Lily. But Jill will put her jealously aside and both women will get together to support Cane. In spite of their kindness, Cane will break away and go to the park where he will leave one final message for Lily. He will apologize for his mistakes, agree to let her go, but will vow to never stop loving her.

Jack will become more worried about Dina as her health continues to decline. Especially when her doctor suggests she be put into a care facility. Lauren will be worried about him and stop by the Abbott mansion, bringing him dinner and offering her support. 

And Devon will decide to focus on the positivity in his life and will ask Elena on another date. They will grow closer and bond over their shared trials and losses. 

In the May sweeps previews it mentioned that Jack would see someone from his past in a new light. Maybe that person will be Lauren and they will grow closer, especially as Dina's health deteriorates. I wonder if the show will get rid of Dina/actually put her character into a facility. 

• Members

....could Lauren actually have a storyline brewing? It seems every new regime wheels her out in the beginning, but IIRC it was Josh Griffith that wrote the Carmine story and plus I remember him writing for Feb. I could totally be on board or Jack and Lauren. There was a time Michael and Lauren worked but they’ve become so dull as a couple and there is no story there. Jack needs a more age appropriate love interest and Lauren could give him a shot in the arm. I’m very interested in where this goes. 

I know he’s not mentioned in spoilers, but in light of the zzzz stuff with Ana being thrown with Mariah and Tessa, I wish Fen was back. His exit still mystifies me and I will never stop hoping he returns to save Ana. They were so cute together!

The Elena/Devon spoiler is also good. I loved how Friday’s episode slowly tied back into the main stories, ending with her returning home to comfort Devon. This is another story with legs. Brytni is doing great work on Y&R. GH truly didn’t do her any justice. Seeing her here shows that they did have a good young actress they just didn’t want to use her. I’m glad she found a better role. 

• Members

It sounds like maybe Lauren will be getting a storyline. She is supposed to be clashing with Phyllis after Phyllis's new business ends up competing with Fenmores. And not too long ago Jack and Lauren hugged, after she chose to stay with Jabot, and he promised to take both of their companies to new heights. Maybe we will see a scenario play out where:

Jack and Lauren bond as they try to better their companies/she gives him support regarding Dina's deteriorating health. Phyllis and Lauren's friendship ends being strained and they clash due to Phyllis's new company being in direct competition with Fenmores. Jack starts to develop feelings for Lauren and is conflicted about them, because she's a happily married woman. Phyllis notices he has feelings for Lauren/they are getting closer. Maybe she catches Jack confessing his feelings/kissing Lauren or something and then Phyllis tries to use that to her advantage. I like Michael and Lauren together, but this could end up being an interesting storyline.

I also wish they would bring Fen back. Though, I'm not sure if he will come back anytime soon.  I also won't stop hoping that someday he will return and he can interact with Ana again. I really enjoyed them together and thought they had potential as a possible couple. I did hear that Christian LeBlanc was told by Josh Griffith that he would be kept busy because Josh planned to write for the Baldwins, but I'm not sure if Fen is included in that. Josh doesn't seem to have interest in bringing him back, at least not right now. 

I also am fine with the direction of the that Devon/Elena is going. I think it makes sense. There are spoilers that mention he will try and get closer to Elena but struggle to move forward with her largely due to grieving Neil's death. I think they will get closer, though there will be some hesitancy, on possibly both of their hands. But that it will end up being okay for both of them. I would also like to see Elena eventually finish out her residency.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Well now that the tribute shows are over, I am out again.  Jack and Tracy sound interesting but not enough.  I have no care in the world about Devon and Elena.  As far as I am concerned neither GH or YR know how to write for women of color.  Anna gets no one and Elena gets to sit in Devons apartment and never leave.  Both cases are disturbing and true indication that soaps never change.  That is a big reason why soaps are on their last leg.  I am definitely not made for soaps anymore.  

• Members

Seriously? Jill is JEALOUS that Cane is confiding in Traci? Hey, Jill, how about you make time for your REAL son? Cane should have been her pretty boytoy that she banged back in the day and eventually developed a close bond with. Not her surrogate son.

BIG BIG BIG MISTAKE to double down on Dina's diagnosis and ship her off. I'll never forgive them if they do that. Better than offing her, but at the same time USE THE WOMAN!

I'm already getting frustrated ... (and how long is Jess around as Jill for? None of it matters when she's gone a week later for months at a time ... I know Jess is very happy in semi-retirement but we need Jill on permanently and full time)

Not sure what I think of Lauren/Jack. Meh, actually. Lauren needs to liven up Paul ... at least Lauren sounds like she'll get some airtime! 

I'm guessing the survey wanted more Jill, Traci, Lauren and even Cane (and maybe Dina?). None of this sounds very good though.

I'm starting to wonder if I am too. None of this sounds really all that must-see or enjoyable. I'm also losing interest in DAYS. I still watch GH but I think I'm less invested and it's just on auto-pilot basically. B&B lost me a long time ago. I tune in every now and then and then quickly wonder why I'm torturing myself.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Yeah, I have a very hard time picturing it under today's versions of Lauren and Jack.

It's interesting how every new regime starts out using Lauren only to lose interest months later (so we'll see if that sad trend holds). I imagine the survey resulted in viewers wanting to see more of her (and no doubt Kevin and Michael, unfortunately)

Lauren often feels like an entirely different person. Yeah, people grow and mature, but I kind of wish she were written with more edge. I also feel Jill lacks her edge. Time matures folks, I know ... but heaven forbid a woman is strong, demanding and capable ... anywho ...

And I never really cared for Lauren and Michael as a couple. I think if both characters were written better, and differently, it could have worked for me. The idea, on paper, wasn't bad. But Lauren and Michael both have been watered down to the point of being completely uninteresting at times ... sounds kind of harsh I guess but just how I feel (and I do love Bregman/Lauren, she, like Eileen Davidson, has been massively underused and not written well for in a very very long time; they've basically made Lauren a toss-aside character, and she almost was)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Rumor has it Adam might not have all his memory when he returns, thinks he is still in love with Sharon. Makes sense as to why he won't be with Chelsea and Connor or even looking for them upon his return

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show, Ana asks Devon what's going between him and Elena. Devon will be hesitant to date again, but Ana will remind him that Malcolm said that Neil would want him and his family to be happy. Mariah and Tessa will arrive at the penthouse and fuss over Devon. Devon will tell them he's fine and will ask about the brick throwing incident. Mariah will decline his offer of security. Ana will get Tessa to sign her contract and show her new looks. Mariah will mock those new looks and will say that they will take away from Tessa's essence. Ana thinks the right image will enhance her career, but wants to focus on the music first. Mariah will say she will bring scones to the studio but Ana says it should just be Tessa and the musician. In the elevator Mariah says she's fine with that decision, but will seem put out.

Jill will be talking with Cane at Crimson Lights. He will tell her he received a new set of divorce papers and that Lily is gone. Cane will feel he failed Lily. Jill  will counsel Cane to find a purpose but he doesn't want to return to Chancellor. Traci will interrupt their conversation and Jill will tell her it's private. Cane will ask Traci to join them and Traci will remind Jill that she's the twins godmother. Jill will tell Traci she's grateful that Cane had someone to talk to while she was away but she's back now. Cane will warn Jill not to make things a competition between her and Traci. Jill will invite Traci to dinner.  Jill and Traci will talk about Neil and he loved the twins, and offered words of comfort when Traci lost Colleen. Jill will tell Traci she's glad that Cane had her in Jill's absence and they will wonder if Cane should give up trying to pursue Lily.

Devon will end up meeting with Elena and Jett. Him and Jett will discuss Jett making an album and touring. Elena warns him to be careful about trying to do too much with Jett at once. Devon will want to talk them more over Dinner. Jett will decline it, but Elena will go to discuss his career with Devon. At dinner she will tell Devon about how close her mother and Jett were, and mention she doesn't like to talk about her mother's death. 

Also, Kyle will plan a romantic surprise for Lola and Cane will call Lily to make sure she made it back safe. He will tell her that he won't call again and that he will always love her. 

Also, when Devon is talking to Elena at Crimson Lights, she will laugh and he will imagine Hilary laughing. Someone who saw the day ahead show said that Mishael makes a brief surprise appearance.

Edited by xtr