Y&R May Sweeps

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure. Maybe they asked her to tape this brief appearance, when they reached out and asked her to tape Kristoff's tribute episode.

I agree she should still be on the show. I don't like what they did to her and I don't like what they are doing with Ana right now. I am not looking forward to this storyline where Ana is fighting with Mariah over Tessa's career. I also wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of Jett. Devon mentions possibly sending him on tour. I could see that happening and him being sent packing, erasing another link to Ana. It wouldn't surprise me if they mostly just introduced him to get Elena on canvas and wrap up Ana's secret in a very lackluster/underwhelming way.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Someone elsewhere who got this week's SOD early, said that Devon will have a dream of Hilary before he kisses Elena. It sounds like Mishael may be making another appearance as Hilary in a dream to Devon. Maybe he feels guilty about dating Elena and she appears and tells him it's okay to move on. (Or maybe he has some other dream about her.) I could see her appearing and telling him he can move on, and that may make him feel comfortable enough to kiss Elena.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I read that he sees her before he kisses Elena. As in he thinks he's kissing Hilary. 

All the good will I had for the show over last week is gone. it was reported that MCE was not coming back because she wanted more money than the show was willing to pay. Yet, somehow they found the money.  But the best they can do for MiM is a cameo. CBS and Sony have real sickness. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Yeah, they are once again not doing right by the Winters family. And I also believe they may jettison Jett. I think that Devon mentioning that he's interested in sending Jett on tour, makes me think that may end up happening. And they will get rid of another of Ana's connections. Though, I do wonder if he wasn't just mostly brought in to introduce Elena for Devon and wrap up Ana's secret storyline that Josh wasn't that interested in writing for. Meanwhile Ana is being thrown into a storyline with Tessa and Mariah that doesn't sound the least bit interesting.

And now they are trying to give the audience bread crumbs when it comes to Mishael/Hilary. By giving her a couple of surprise appearances here and there. When a lot of people didn't want to see her leave to begin with. And on top of all that, they are bringing back a lot of unnecessary/not needed characters that a lot of people don't care for. I don't care for Chelsea and Kevin. Or Adam to be honest. And I think that none of them are needed, including Adam.

I feel like once they return, the show will have a heavy focus on Adam, along with doing things like propping Lola, which IMO is very unpleasant to watch. Some of the storylines right now are already starting to center around Adam. Victor has left town because of Adam, Nikki wants to investigate Victor due to him leaving because of Adam, Rey and Sharon will investigate Victor and find out about Adam. Kevin and Chelsea are coming back because of Adam. It's already starting to seem like it's going to be too much Adam for my taste.

Edited by xtr

• Members

When Adam is around there is always alot of Adam. The Newmans will center on his return. It'll only be a problem if the show can't spare any airtime for anything else. JG was good at balance during his last run. The Winters had story and relevance. That was when Tyler, Leslie, Gus, and Hilary were brought on full time and Winters running Jabot.  

But I don't know what's going on now. They don't have a story.happening and were on possibly one day a week prior to Neil/KSJ week. It's possible they were holding off on the story until after our goodbye. We will see but I don't have high hope.

I, personally, won't be upset to see Jett go on tour. I don't see that he served any purpose other than, as you say,to rap up Ana's story and introduce Elena. 

Ana is seen by TPTB as a marginal character much like Tessa, Mariah, Kevin. So I'm not surprised at all that she's in story with those characters. 

I'm curious about Neil's will reading. It has the possibility of bringing some drama. But I will be annoyed if he leaves his half of HWG to Cane so that he can be in major business story while Devon has this side story doing music. 

• Members

Racism and sexism have become endemic to the culture of CBS since Les Moonves took over decades ago and it is embedded in all departments and aspects of that network.

I instinctively knew that once the KSJ/Neil Winters tributes had concluded I would stop watching because I expected the actual stories on Y&R to stay mostly stagnant.  None of the choices for stories or any of the characters/actors that are being brought back have convinced me otherwise.  I am back to being indifferent to this show.

• Members

I do think that Josh may just be throwing Ana/Mariah/Tessa together in a storyline just to say he's doing something with him. I don't believe this will be a good storyline for any of them. Mariah is already looking very upset/like she wanted to cry all because Ana suggested Tessa change up her image/get a new look. Mariah shouldn't be getting emotional over something like that. She should just be supportive and focus on her own career. Her behavior already seems a bit much and it's only day one of this storyline. Josh could do better by all three of these characters. They did mention the brick throwing incident so maybe they will devote more time to that. That would be a better storyline for Mariah and Tessa. Ana could still help Tessa with her career, but should be doing something else.

I'm not sure what Josh is going to do with the Winters as whole. He may not do a whole lot with them. I don't' think he will do much with Ana. I think that Devon/Elena will get some airtime, but I don't know if they will be developed that well. He hasn't done much with Elena yet, and hasn't fleshed her out a lot. (Though, she did tell Devon a little more about herself today.)

I think that Nate might be the one who may end up getting the best writing. The actor that plays him is really sexy and appealing. I noticed during Society's opening night, how they had him mingle/hang around different people. So maybe he will fare better than Brooks Darnell's version did especially if they pair him with Abby. At least he will get airtime in Abby's orbit. 

I also wonder what will happen with the reading of Neil's will. I wonder what he leaves his family and how that will affect them. Even more so, being that Lily has left again.

Edited by xtr

• Members

+1

Bigfacts. 

JG definitely is NOT interested in Elena. Neither is he very interested in Nate. If Nate doesn't end up in a triangle with Devon and Elena, I'll be surprised. Whatever is happening with Devon and Elena doesn't seem like it's going to be much. They have no depth. None. So I don't really know what's going on there. But I don't get the idea that it's much. 

Even if Nate is paired with Abby doesn't mean he will get alot. She can be on with Abbots and Newmans but that doesnt require much for her love interest unless the show makes effort to write him into things like they are doing with Rey and Sharon with this Adam return. But from the way things look, Nate and Abby won't be anything or he'd be on with her right now. There is no interest in Nate. Not even with Winters/Hamiltons from where I look. 

I do think that brick incident might be a C story. It could be interesting. But it'll be designed to give CG another Emmy and Ana being involved would more than likely be supporting. But at least it's something for Ana to do.  We wanted her to have friends and a life outside of Devon and now she does. 

• Members

I believe that more will happen with Nate this month. Him and Abby is one of the few storylines, I am interested in seeing. I feel like if Josh didn't have much use for him, he wouldn't try and test him with Abby. He would just kind of leave him floating like he did with Brook's Nate towards the end of his run.

And while I wanted Ana to be used more, I never wanted her to be tied up with Mariah/Tessa. Still don't want that, (though her producing Tessa's music is not bad within itself.) I don't know of any Ana fan that wanted her to be used as filler for or along/with Mariah/Tessa. I wish they would give her a better storyline, even though they probably won't.  

Edited by xtr

• Members

There is a difference between writing for a character because you feel you have to versus writing for a character because you want to and enjoy it. Nate came on and has barely been seen. He reappeared for Neil's exit and was staged as a close family friend versus relative which kinda gave me pause. His first show was with Lola. Then he disappeared. When the show wants to write for a character, they don't disappear after their first show. I gaurantee Adam won't come on with one show to disappear for a week. I hope you're right about Nate though. Right now, I don't see much happening 

Well, I don't necessarily want that either but it gives her something to do. Something is better than nothing. She needs friends and Mariah isn't a bad one to have. 

• Members

According to SID, a rep for Mishael has told them that she will be appearing in a few more episodes. It sounds like she will keep appearing to Devon for a bit, while he's trying to move on with Elena. I could see that getting in his way of trying to move on. I do wonder if her appearances this time around will conclude with her telling Devon it's okay to move on.

https://www.cbs.soapsindepth.com/posts/the-young-and-the-restless-mishael-morgan-hilary-appearance-170627

Also, according to soaps.com day ahead recap for tomorrow's show, Kyle and Lola will make love. Summer will also tell Nick that her marriage is over. Nick says he wants to kill Kyle, but Summer will say she wants to try and let him go. Nick will wonder if she's staying at Jabot in hopes that Kyle will come back to her. Summer admits she does hope that. Dina will have another episode and her doctor will suggest she be put in a care facility. Lauren will come over and bring him dinner and comfort him. Dina will see them together and he refer to Lauren as Jack's girlfriend. She will tell Jack and Lauren to behave themselves. Lauren will play along and then Jack and Lauren will share a laugh and hug.

Rey and Sharon will go to Vegas to investigate Victor. Nikki will meet up with Paul and tell him more about Victor's situation. Victor will talk to a psychiatrist and find out that a "he" bolted from the session. The doctor will tell Victor that he wanted too much too soon. Victor will want the psychiatrist to tell him everything that was said in the session. Victor will say he will find "him" and fix things. Victor will end up showing up outside a hotel room and telling "him" that he's not an enemy and wants to help.

It definitely sounds like "him" is Adam.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Seethe.  

Please register in order to view this content

You know I haven't watched since we said goodbye to Hilary.  She was a transformative character and actress.  When I read that Devon sees her in his dream, I was thinking of watching just for that but now...

Chelsea never was, and will never be, the kind of character Hilary was.  She is as useless now as she was when they introduced her.  Sorry not sorry.

• Members

Hey friend. I miss you!!! 

The show feels the exact same way about Chelsea that you do.   They don't care about the character.   The show cares about Adams success and Chelsea is an appendage of his that could possibly give the new actor a better chance at being accepted by the audience. They'd have never brought her back on her own. 

Edited by ajsp35801