Y&R May Sweeps

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on tomorrow's show Ana and Mariah will clash over Tessa's career.  Mariah and Tessa will be together in Chancellor's park. Mariah avoids answering when Ana appears. Ana will not be keen about having Mariah be apart of the conversation regarding Tessa's new look so Mariah will move away. Ana will suggest to Tessa she should dye her hair red and that she should show some more skin. Mariah will not like these ideas and Ana will ask Mariah what is her problem. Ana will also not want to do Mariah's suggestion of letting Tessa promote Kyle's collective. Afterwards Tessa will be angry with Mariah. She will end up telling Mariah at Crimson Lights that her constructive advice can be annoying. Mariah will admit that she's afraid if Tessa becomes a star there will be nothing left for her. Tessa will assure her what they have is forever.

Also, Lola will find out that Mia is the one who pushed her, after Arturo tells her that him and Mia are going back to Miami. He will end up blurting out that Rey will put Mia in jail if the baby isn't his and Lola will figure out that Mia pushed her. Lola and Arturo will yell about this, and Lola will run out. She will end up going to Crimson Lights and confronting Mia about pushing her. Abby will overhear and say she's calling the police. Lola will end up convincing Abby not to call them, because she doesn't want her niece or nephew born behind bars. She will also tell Abby that Mia/Arturo are leaving town together. Abby will agree to keep quiet. 

Ana will also tell Devon that Michael called regarding the reading of Neil's will. Devon will tell Ana he knows he can't put that off forever and will call Lily. Devon will end up apologizing to Elena for kissing her and will tell her he had a dream and it was an impulse. Elena will say she wondered if he kissed her because he felt sorry for her. They will agree to go on another date.

And Summer/Kyle will meet up with the new character of Theo who will like their ideas. He will say they have killer chemistry and will invite them to a club. Kyle will turn down that offer and Summer won't like that. Later Kyle and Summer will return to town and Summer will tell Jack that Kyle is not prioritizing his job as much as he should. Jack will urge her to talk with Kyle and let him know that his job is a top priority. Theo will also call Summer and let her know that he is flying  to town with a client that can help them. 

And Jack and Lauren will talk about business including him turning down Phyllis's offer. Lauren will accuse him of letting his personal feelings get in the way of business decisions. Jack will say he will reconsider Phyllis's offer but that he won't promise anything. Him and Lauren will also talk about Dina. Jack will tell Lauren that Dina now has to wear a GPS bracelet.

It sounds like the new guy that is playing Theo will show up tomorrow in person.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Here are pictures of the guy they have playing Theo tomorrow:

I think they originally hired someone else to play him when he was introduced. But recast the role after they decided to keep his character around longer and possibly as a potential love interest for Summer. As Errol posted on this site actor Tyler Johnson will be playing the role of Theo starting on June 3:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I really hope they don't go there. That would be awful and adding injury to insult (If they also have Ana falling for Tessa).

I read comments from Mariah/Tessa's fans yesterday saying they thought that was the case, but I thought that was reaching. Though after reading the recap, it seems like Ana is being a bit unnecessarily harsh with Mariah.

I really hope that Josh doesn't write that Ana is her stalker because she wants Tessa for herself and trying to get Mariah out of the way. It's bad enough, he may have Ana fall for Tessa and fight Mariah over her. Making her a stalker on top of all of that... a big fat No to that. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Another charismatic, beautiful, promising character sacrificed for Mariah.....I can't. 

And yes, I think Ana and Tessa are starting up something. That desperate looking embrace they had studio was exactly how they played teriah...A bunch of unnecessary tight hugging. Gag me! 

• Members

Ana was giving some looks on today's shows that definitely had me thinking she will end up being interested in her. I do think she may end up falling for her and it might be unrequited. Also, I saw tomorrow's show and Ana and Mariah was really clashing regarding her. Ana was giving Mariah quite a bit of attitude. Mariah insinuated that Ana has bad intentions towards Tessa and is trying to change Tessa. 

I am concerned about this for a lot of reasons. And the more I see and read of regarding this storyline the more I think it will be damaging towards Ana's character. After looking at tomorrow's show, I really do wonder if she will end up being Mariah's stalker or at least being painted as a "bad guy", in a potential Mariah/Tessa/Ana triangle. I even wonder if Josh is writing this storyline so he can write Ana out. There was that report that one more young person would be let go, it may be Ana. And that's why they are writing her character like this. I could see Josh using her as temporary angst for Tessa and then getting rid of her to make room for the characters he wants to write about.

IMO, unfortunately what a lot of this boils down to is that Josh just doesn't care about the character of Ana. He doesn't value her enough to give her a decent storyline and that is why she will be stuck in whatever mess he writes for her regarding Tessa and Mariah. It's a shame. Mal had his faults, but at least he wrote for her and tried to give her a storyline and hinted towards giving her a much better potential love interest in Fen. Once Fen was sent away, the writing was on the wall for Ana. I don't think that Josh was ever going to give her a decent storyline or love interest. Almost anything is better than the stuff I think he may end up writing for her in this storyline with Tessa/Mariah. Even putting her with one of the 40 something year old men like Nick or somebody is a better storyline than this.

• Members

You're so full of Hope. It's sweet. Mal young was NEVER going to pair Fen and Ana. He was Kyle's foil and destined for a quad with Kyle/Lola/Summer. He gave Ana a confidante so that we knew she was lying to Devon. Fen helped push her story with the only pairing they planned for her to have ----> Her brother. 

You should be concerned. Mariah is the shows bellwether. If she says something about a character and their motives,  it's usually true. It's possible that Ana's a red herring though. But before that's figured out, they'll write her like crap to make viewers think it's her. And she has zero hope of getting decent writing as Mariah's rival. Even if in the right, she will be cast as the villain.  ZERO! 

• Members

We do not agree on what Mal may have been planning regarding Ana and Fen and that's fine. 

As far as what they are doing with Ana going forward, her chances of getting good writing aren't high, regardless of whether she is played as rival or Mariah's or not.   (Though this storyline with Mariah/Tessa is one of the worst if not the worst situation Josh could have put her in.) I think that Josh doesn't value the character and it's unfortunate. I don't think he's going to do right by her. Either she was going to get a potential bad storyline or no storyline. 

But It's not like Mariah has been getting a lot of favorable writing either as of late. Since Mariah has gotten with Tessa, she hasn't gotten very good writing and has all but disappeared off the show at times. To the point to where people were asking when's the last time her or Tessa have been seen. Not to mention her and Tessa don't get a lot of romantic scenes or do much and Tessa has done some awful things to her and her family. And as of late, Mariah has been mainly focused on Tessa and her needs as opposed to doing stuff for herself like run her own Tv Show. Mariah isn't getting incredibly great writing. She may come out on top in a potential Ana/Tessa/Mariah triangle, but I think that is more about Josh not having much of a use for Ana, than him having a strong preference for Mariah.

• Members

Agree. Mariah hadn't had much to do. But there is a story brewing now. Who do you think will lead? Who do you think will be protagonist? Who is antagonist?  Though I do think it's possible that Tessa is doing this to Mariah for some flimsy, inexcusable reason. I won't rule that out. So the end result is Ana and Mariah starting as enemies but bonding over a shared loss. Classic story. 

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers from SOD: 

Nikki will share shocking news, Adam will interact with Sharon but will not remember who she is, Michael will find himself in a compromising position and Nate will pursue Abby. Rey will demand the truth from Mia, Sharon will experience Deja vu, Victoria makes a decision about her relationship with Billy. Billy will not trust Adam and will make it his mission to protect Victoria and the kids from him. Kyle  and Lola will take a big step in their relationship. He will ask Lola to move in with him.  Lauren will play matchmaker, Victor will fight to keep his family together, Jack will reconnect with Adam.

I wonder who Lauren will play matchmaker for?

Edited by xtr

• Members

They look fine together, LOL. People are so bothered by an age difference. They look good together, actually. Who cares about age? Soaps clearly don't. They still dream Sharon and Nick are in their 20s! "Unrecognizable"? Nope. She looks fabulous. And no, he shouldn't be involved with Summer/Kyle/Lola. He's in between both groups and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Truth be told, I think there is only so much you could with him, if he mostly interacted with Kyle/Lola/Summer. He'd be limited romantically if he mostly interacted with that group. (One reason being that Summer is his niece and you couldn't pair them together.) Plus he has a lot more life experiences/darkness in his past than those three do, and his experiences really wouldn't match up well with theirs.

I think they will use Sharon to help introduce/intergrate him back on the canvas but that he will end up back up with Chelsea. Who interestingly enough is also kind of between both age groups. (Though she has interacted quite a with the Nick/Sharon age group.)

Edited by xtr

• Members

And to be fair I wanted Chelsea and Noah to start banging at one point when Chelsea was with Nick. I thought her and Adamson actually had some chemistry while she and Nick were snoozing up the screen. I could care less about the age difference. 

I don't mind the difference in ages (but I will object if they dare to try and pair Traci and Cane, regardless of DG pushing 50 ... I can't believe some fans are all over this. Traci deserves better than Cane)

I think folks are making too big of a deal out of Sharon/Adam now. He looks fine next to her. And Sharon Case looks flawless, so ...

And I say that as someone who can't stand Sharon and Adam. But I think they look fine together.

He WOULD be limited and I'd be so pissed if he were stuck into Kyle/Lola/Summer's story. It wouldn't work AT ALL. And as you said, he's Summer's uncle. So ... lol

Edited by KMan101