Y&R May Sweeps

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How lovely they have reduced Jill and Traci to fawning over Cane and basically fighting over him. No thanks. Griffith is clearly being forced to write for a lot of people he has no interest in (I agree he has no interest in Nate, Ana or Elena). Jett never felt long-term anyway but I still think they could do more with him.

WHY does this show insist on hanging onto Goddard and Cane?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap on Monday's episode, Victor will tell Sharon that Adam is alive. Adam has no recollection of his memory before the explosion and is going by the name of Spider and is a part of an underground gambling ring. Victor will ask Sharon to reach out to Adam to see if she can help regain his memory. Sharon will be emotional about this and wonder how this will affect her life. She will also tell Rey that Adam is alive.

Mariah will introduce herself to Elena and will tell Elena that she misses flying on Devon's private Jett. Elena will sense that Mariah is trying to fish out from Elena if she is after Devon's money. Mariah will fill Elena in on Devon. Devon will also learn from Jett that Elena's sick mother fell, and hurt her head and died, while Elena was at work and that Elena has always felt guilty about that.  Tessa will have a recording session and it will be bumpy at first, she will cough and Ana will say she's seem timid. Ana will end up cutting the session short. 

Ana will then return to the penthouse and tell Devon that Tessa's recording session was a disaster. Devon will recall that Tessa has taken time before to warm up to a recording session and chastises Ana for only focusing on results. Devon will tell Ana/Tessa later on in the studio not to worry about time and help each other and communicate. Devon will get Tessa going and then he leaves. Ana and Tessa will end up being thrilled with the results of the session and Ana will apologize and they will hug. 

Devon will end up going home and finding Elena upset that he asked Jett about her mother. He will apologize. And a strange man will enter Crimson Lights and stare at Mariah. She will confront him and leave.

• Members

LOL. I rolled my eyes at the underground gambling ring. That certainly has Josh Griffith written all over it  and it'll be a convoluted mess that just fades away when he loses interest ...

God. It often feels like writers just throw out quick lines to impress the bosses. "Adam has no memory after Sharon and he's in an underground gambling ring! And his name is now Spider!" .... YOU'RE HIRED!

Lawd.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Poor Jordi Vilasuso better hope AMC somehow gets resurrected again. I really do like him but he's wrong for this show.

Josh Griffith has screamed 'unenthusiastic stopgap' at every show he's worked on for over a decade. Even at DAYS, where his style was very evident very quickly.

Oh, and "Iris" is very obviously CK in a dual role. Iris/Lily. God. She deserves better at this point. Sally Sussman nailed the only role Cane works in.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

And truth be told that is not the best promo either. They could have saved the promo about his return for the following week when he debuts and shown him appearing at the end. I think that would have made the promo a little better.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Griffith will be gone before the year is over, I have 0 doubts about that. I just want him to somehow anchor Hilary back on the show, that's the only kind of benefit you get from one of his tenure's. He's doing the same playbook he used when he came back last time with JFP.  Adam and Chelsea, Summer, MS Phyllis, Eileen Davidson making guest spots, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica Collin's ends up back on the show too.

• Members

Here are spoilers for next week from Lynda Hirsch's soap column.

Summer and Kyle will travel to NY to set up a deal with Theo's influencers. Theo will invite them out to dinner to celebrate the new deal. Summer will be excited about this but Kyle will want to fly back home to Lola. Summer will tell Jack that Kyle isn't fully focused on his job and Jack her will play right into her plan. He will tell Kyle that he needs to be more committed to his joint project with Summer. 

Phyllis will use Billy's seed money to plan to do an accessories line that she wants to be a part of Jabot Collective. She will pitch this idea to Jack but he will turn her down flat because he doesn't want to be mixed up with her again. Upset with him, Phyllis will take Summer's password and hack into Jabot's system hoping to find something she can use to give her new company a boost.  Also, Mariah's stalker will continue to harass her. Tessa will text the stalker and issue them a challenge. Mariah will redirect her energy to supporting Tessa who will be recording with Ana. 

And Arturo will go to Society determined to win Abby back. Abby will not be interested in getting back together with him. Arturo will insist and Nate will step in and come to Abby's defense. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

+1 on all the above ...

I've felt the same way. Like Vee said, Griffith just screams "stopgap", he's always felt that way on Y&R. I imagine it was just easier. I have no idea what Morina can or will contribute as a producer but I don't have a problem with him so far, I guess ... lol.

Poor Nate being stuck with the cesspool of love that is Abby. He's dead in a year. I'm partially kidding. But I do hope they have any sort of spark. I'm not getting my hopes up but at least it seems they may try. Although do we really even know anything at all about Nate? And why is he half the time treated like a Winters family friend when he's a blood relative of that family. It's so weird. It's like they forget.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I hope that Abby and Nate end up faring well as a couple. They are one of the storylines, I am looking forward to. I really like the New Nate, I think he's very sexy and fits in well with the Winters family. I'm not sure why they keep having him be treated more like a family friend than relative. They did that when they introduced Brooks Darnell's Nate by having Neil refer to him as his "Godson." which I thought was kind of strange. He was Neil's nephew in like two different ways. They should have just had Neil refer to him as his nephew. I also believe they once referred to Nate as Lily's "Friend", instead of her first cousin.

I don't know why they are doing that. Maybe they started out doing that, because they didn't want the connection with him and Devon to seem quite as strong, when they intended to do the Devon/Hilary/Nate triangle. Though interestingly enough him and Devon do act like cousins, and I believe that Devon has referred to him as his cousin. And when Brook's Darnell's Nate first came on and reconnected with the family at a party for him, he was treated like family by most of the Winters at the party. The twins were looking up to him/treating him like he was their family member. 

Edited by xtr