GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed with both. The survey that was done was very wide ranging with several off screen names (Paul and Jill for example).

Morina and Griffith are actively dismantling what MY and JFP did because they’ve lost viewers and have a contract renewal coming. They know they have to turn things around. 

• Members

I guess it tells you how rarely I look at current soap news here now that I found out about this while looking at TV Line. 

I don't understand why Stafford is worth the hassle or the money, but...whatever...I guess? I won't be watching. 

I feel a little bad for Gina Tognoni.

Weird that we have Rowell and Stafford (however briefly) on Y&R again in 2019.

• Members

Cascading ratings (and occasional viewer backlash) will do weird things. 

Rowell's appearance is due to the exceptional circumstances of a friend and former colleague's death and CBS/Sony knows it would likely open them up to more questions and accusations of retaliation (retaliation being a term Rowell once accused Sony of exhibiting toward her) if they neglected to give time to KSJ's best onscreen pairing on the show. If they could've gotten away with not having VR on, they probably would've done it.

Stafford, well that's another matter entirely.

It just occurred to me that Y&R also likely knew that they could do this without much furor or backlash because they had done something similar before (although on a more modest scale) when they fired Davetta Sherwood and brought back Christel Khalil as Lily.  

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Instead of trying to find the next Victor for the future, the show would do well by bringing back VR and centering the Drucilla vs Phyllis rivalry. Drucilla can blame and hate Phyllis for her coma causing her to miss 10 years with Neil who has already passed prior to her return. 

• Members

She’s right in the middle of two B plots on GH.

What a waste of a potential Ryan killing.

Gina is a good actress, but I did not love her on Y&R.  Michelle can go ASAP from GH.  I can’t stand her there.

Also- get ready for more Nick shenanigans.  It is her favorite pairing.