GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WOW!!! Shocked!!! Didn't think Michelle Stafford would ever return as Phyllis and ended up loving Gina Tognoni's Phyllis too.   I feel sorry for Gina Tognoni.  In a way, I hope Gina Tognoni goes to GH as Nina, or better yet, as an awesome re-cast for Sarah Webber.   I also wouldn't be too surprised to see her on DAYS with Ron Carlivati there. Since I am a big fan of Gina, have been since her ONE LIFE days as Kelly Cramer, I'm hoping she does turn up on GH or DAYS, or if the rumored return of AMC and / or ONE LIFE were to actually happen, on one of them.  

• Members

Yuck at this news.  I was never a huge Phyllis fan, with Stafford in the role.  BUT finally accepted Tognoni in the role, in fact have taken baby steps toward somewhat liking the character. Now with Stafford back...Meh.

• Members

Maybe he will. Though, it is unfortunate that she may move to a show with a lot less steady work than what Y&R provided. She was consistently featured and at many times was all over the canvas as Phyllis on Y&R. On Days she might be around for a short bit and then she's gone. 

Also, when Alice Hunter (Kerry Johnson/Dominque Carroll) was let go from Y&R, she said she was let go to make room for some vets that are coming back. She mentioned this and said some good storylines were coming up. Maybe MS was one of the vets she was talking about. I wonder what other vets this show may end up bringing back. 

Y&R is definitely going through a lot of changes right now and the show is starting to feel different. I think it's a good different (and I am looking forward to all of the new storylines that are about to get underway.)  I'm not real keen on the return of MS Phyllis, but I do think that the show is about to get considerably better than it was under Mal. Under Mal it was very boring. 

Edited by xtr

• Webmaster

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if Sony woke up recently and realized their deal with CBS is up next season and they need all the negotiating power they can get in order to attain a good contract with the network. Remember, CBS renewed the show for three seasons (though 2019-2020) and they'll need as much of a push as they can get the ratings up so that whatever marks they agreed to hit won't hinder any future deals since the show was shedding viewers for most of 2018.

• Members

I definitely think that’s it. We were talking about this in the ratings threads. It seemed like the strategy was to slash costs, as the plummeting ratings seemed inevitable. But now they seem like they’re scrambling to win back those lapsed viewers.

• Members

Maybe they are listening to fans who wanted more of the vets featured, including ones who were offscreen. Paul is back, and will be featured some including with Nikki, Traci is back for the time being, Ashley may come back for more appearances (and will be featured in KSJ's tribute episodes). Dina will be shown at least little more than she has been shown in months. Jack will be back as the CEO of Jabot... Maybe we will see more storylines focusing on vets, including the under utilized ones.