GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

MS was playing and advocating for a pod version of the character towards the of her last run. I’d rather what exists now than going back to that trash.

Hopefully she’s humbled and realizes that the show can let her go with no care once more if she tries to pull sh!t like that again. Peter Bergman even openly admitted how crappy her behavior was.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

A few posters were trying to convince me that Y&R centers its women characters.  I said no and my response is still a resolute "No, they do not". 

Y&R has had plenty of chances for more compelling stories that feature their women characters, if only the writing would endow these women with agency. 

Jill is the show's longest running character, yet all JW does is the occasional drop in to bolster the male characters (Cane and sometimes Billy) in middling storylines.

Jill, Ashley and Jack should've been racing to grab the patents on Jabot's Men's Line (a heritage line of products) for a reboot, instead of some generic products that very few people actually care about.

Years ago, I suggested (it may have been on another messageboard) that when Sarge (Darnell Williams) and Debbi Morgan were on, it would've been a perfect time to bring back an amnesiac Drucilla.  Sarge could've been her caretaker and boyfriend and a chance sighting of Jack, who Sarge was working with, could have triggered some memories which would have eventually led her to Neil.  You could have given Sarge something to do as Drucilla confides in him and him being torn between helping Drucilla, as he is wont to do as a physical therapist trained to help and his desire to keep the woman he loves to himself.

Sadly, it is too late for that to ever happen.

There are plenty of compelling storylines for the show, if only Y&R's execs and producers could get out of their own way.  There was a much better way to have brought JT back than a mediocre DV story that focused more on Victor than it did on Victoria.  There could've been a far better way of introducing the Rosales family onto the canvas than what Y&R ended up doing.  It's a lot of writing and detail and rigor but it's actually not brain surgery.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

As someone who's never watched Y&R a day in his life, I'm selfishly over the moon about this news as a GH fan. Stafford was largely heinous as Nina. Sure, she had her comedic moments, but the character was pointless from the get and never found relevance. I'm mostly angry that it took so long for her to leave and that it was more or less her choice. Five damn years of waste and gobbling of screen time and scenery. If we're lucky, they'll act like Nina never existed, like they did with poor Sabrina. Let's all pray they don't recast Nina because WHEW, no.

If somehow, some way, we could rid ourselves of Roger Howarth and Wes Ramsey next, I might believe in GH again. 

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

MS definitely 'phoned it in' her last few weeks on Y&R but I thought it was her passive aggressive way of expressing her disapproval over her character being linked with Jack.

I rarely watch an actual episode of Y&R anymore but I was watching the show more consistently when GT's Phyllis was paired with JT's Billy and I remember thinking 'somewhere Stafford's head must be exploding at this!'

Please register in order to view this content

I remember MS seemed to prefer that her Phyllis be paired with younger men.  People are speculating as to whether Michael Graziadei will make appearances more regularly since Phyllis the age disparity won't be so obvious with the old version of Phyllis.  

Of course, people are now speculating that Max Ehrich might reprise his role as Fen (he has a large social media following, don't forget) and so on...

• Members

That would be nice. Heather Tom is still on B&B because she’s Heather Tom. 

I actually prefer Jason Thompson as Billy. I hope the additional rumors aren’t true about Chompers Miller returning. 

I love Gina Tognoni and even though Stafford will always be THE Phyllis, Gina played the hell outta the role. I expect her to pop up on GH or B&B soon, or DAYS and begin airing in 2021. 

True dat. I haven’t watched GH since 2013 and who knows what is happening behind the scenes at Y&R right now, but this could be Stafford’s strategic move to keep a steadier gig, similar to Laura Wright jumping from GL to GH when GL’s days were numbered.