GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gina Tognoni deserves the bashing for the overexposure? Or perhaps... the writers

By comparison, I don't think GT calls viewers "fat cows" or tells them to put down the donuts. Sounds like Michelle Stafford has the same opinion of her viewers as Carolyn Hinsey has of her SOD readers (her affectionate name is "fish wives") 

I don't have a fight in this either way (GT vs. MS), but I always find it strange when people blame actors because the show wants to feature particular people more so than others. Like when people accused Kim Zimmer of f*cking Paul Rauch because Reva was always overexposed (even though she was always featured heavily regardless of the regime, but I digress...) 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Webmaster

If this is a joke, I'd like to know who thought it was funny or thought I'd be in on a joke for free just to ruin a brand that I've spent nearly 20 years of my life building up. If this is a joke, I'll be lawyering up tomorrow during GH's anniversary episode suing someone at CBS, Sony, other outlets, etc and claim emotional distress, not to mention pain and suffering and wasted resources.

Yeah, this isn't a joke. Facts are facts. Gina Tognoni was unceremoniously fired to make room for someone who claimed they'd never return to a show they are in fact returning to after leaving a show they claimed they were in fact not joining during a time when rumors ran rampant. I'm not happy with this outcome, but at least one fictional town will be free of a wasted character that has had no development for the entire five years they (only speaking of the character) infested said town.

Rant over.

• Webmaster

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was directly talking to you. My apologies. I was talking about people even thinking this was an April Fool's Day joke, to begin with. I saw several comments on our story on Facebook where people claimed this was an April Fool's Day joke, despite seeing evidence proving the opposite, and they still continue believing what they want in whatever world they are living in.

• Members

just listening to the DC podcast, and Jillian, who broke the story, reiterates, CBS approached MS, not the other way around, specifically saying, it's not like MS sought her old job back, CBS saw a chance to get her back, and went after her, very informative podcast

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The writers deserved the bashing yet the character got it.

When I write GT/Phyllis, that reads as Gina Tognoni's Phyllis. Not GT, the actress. But, her character as played by the actress. If that makes sense? 

I spent an hour when this news broke defending MS, whom I'm not particularly fond, from people blaming her for pushing out GT. This isn't anyone's fault but Y&R, CBS, and Sony. Michelle didn't hire herself. Even if she did reach out and begged for her job back, the blame falls on those who made the choice. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Even if they pursued her, she's still eating crow over those comments she made about never returning to the show. She has no other viable options as a 53 year old woman in Hollywood.

That crappy websoap she tried a few years ago isn't going to be revived and help her pay her bills and support two young kids. She needed a job and Y&R seized the opportunity to bring back the actress who originated the role.