GH and Y&R Casting News

• Members

There hasn't been an airdate given yet. But it kind of sounded like her co-stars just learned the news. So maybe we won't see MS Phyllis for at least a few weeks. GT's Phyllis will still be shown in episodes for at least this week. (Including tomorrow's show).

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GH is probably planning to bring on GT as someone inside the DoD cult, to give the SL some life because it's pretty dead, imo. Or bring her on as a recast of the DA and dump EH, or a recast of Hayden or Britt... lol

• Members

I doubt GT would do another soap. They're all on the West Coast and dying with terrible writing. I doubt she would see any of them as worth the commute (she seemed to not even see Y&R as worth it the last year or so). 

• Members

we'll see. lol Let's not act like she's some great commodity, here. She's being dumped from a show to make way for the original actresses' return. I don't even think she'd be able to get Hallmark/Lifetime movies.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I imagine they would have to recast Nina to bring the story about her to completion, but hell no to GT being a recast of another Michelle Stafford role!  What I would rather see is, after tying up Nina's stories with the recast of Nina, having GT come on as a special guest star playing Kelly Kramer, who would somehow accidentally KILL Nina, finishing her off for good.  Now how satisfying would that be to play? 

• Members

This is a stupid stance, are you serious? Do you know how many actors have been fired from soaps and gotten work. Also there is Broadway there are a million streaming platforms, there are several opportunities and avenues for actors to work. And Gina has gotten gigs before; Sopranos, SVU, the Royal Pains gig she had to turn down because of her shooting schedule. 

She has recently mentioned frustration with not being able to audition or pursue outside work because of the Y&R shooting schedule and the commute.

LOL and nobody outside of soaps gives one iota of a damn about what happens on soaps or with soap casting. This is 2019. Half the people in the business don't even realize these barely afloat shows are still on the air.  

I dont know what kind of goofy thought it is to think an actor goes to an audition and they say "oh no we can not cast her because she got replaced by some lady on Y&R"....LMAO!!!!!!

Edited by Vizion

• Members

Being condescending due to lack of a rebuttal is about what I expected as a response tbh. 

Anyway, she should absolutely leave soaps alone (unless she wants a check but I think her husband's family has $$$ so probably not)

• Members

i'm not gonna argue with you about a middling soap actress getting work outside of soap. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about outside of your fantastical imagination, and I have no patience anyway. 

Please register in order to view this content

like, the proof is in the pudding. GT wouldn't have kept the role warm for all these years if she had better options. She wouldn't have been on GL during it's dying day or taken this role at all if she had better options. Y'all need to stop acting like these soap actors are destined for bigger and better things, when the truth is it's all about younger peeps and importing more talented/cheaper actors from overseas for film and tv. Look at the tv/streaming landscape. Actually look at it. Big name film actors/actresses are all taking over prime-time tv/and streaming, while movies are dominated by younger actor/actresses and peeps from Australia/UK. It was hard in the past for a soap actor/actress to get roles outside of soap, and it's even harder now. 

but like I said: dream big. lol

• Members

LOL at "I'm not going to argue with you" and then writing a long essay that said not much. 

You do understand there are other streaming avenues besides the big ones like Hulu and Amazon and Apple? To say it is harder is absurd. What? People are getting HBO deals from web shows they make in their damn basement. I also mentioned her doing theater which she has wanted to do and is in NY where she lives. You know what, nevermind. 

Soap fans always act like its some big betrayal when actors want to do other thinfs. Didn't MS do a podcast and web show? They both flopped but attempts were made. There is entitely too much opportunity out there for anyone to see soaps as their only option. 

As I said, GT should leave soaps alone. You disagree, thats whatever lol. 

Edited by Vizion

• Members

Oh, GOOD! Because I was afraid you guys were going to hijack an otherwise very interesting conversation about these two actresses soap hopping, and turn it into bashing an actress you don't like just to aggravate someone who is obviously her fan. So I really apprecia-----

Aw, I spoke too soon. Seriously... Could we please not be a discussion-kill and return to our regularly scheduled programming?  The conversation was good, because the BTS turn of events and the people involved make it interesting. I initially thought Tognoni wasn't quite right for Phyllis, but I think she's a good actress and I'm interested in how this affects her (many feel she was wrongly screwed) & where she'll go from here. A lot of people share that sentiment.

Edited by YurSoakinginit