GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Would I love to see Cady McClain on GH?  No.  I think she (and every other actor) could do better than to keep working in this godawful racket they used to call "the soaps."  Even if "a check is a check."

Would I love to see her as a Nina recast?  See above.

• Members

This has been an absolutely epic thread, I've been devouring it day by day like a bowl of popcorn!

I dont know quite how to react to the news. Michelle Stafford was like the Maurice Benard of Y&R at one point. She ate up the show onscreen and off. I never thought Gina Tognoni was quite Phyllis (though when she started, she purposely aped some of MS's own ticks and did it credibly). I think it's because Phyllis morphed from being a character created by Bill Bell to an extension of MS's own heightened persona. So it makes sense that she's coming back. She is really the only one who can embody her. 

Tbh Phyllis the character could depart Genoa City tomorrow and for me it would be a case of out of sight, out of mind.

• Members

I honestly didn’t miss the character when she was gone but I enjoyed GT in the role, despite how much i hated the story of her cheating on Jack yet again and this time with his brother. I couldn’t imagine MS’ Phyllis having the awesome Phyllis and Hillary friendship that I loved.

• Members

I liked the chemistry between MM and GT for sure, though I wasnt sure whether I could buy their friendship, given that they were two females who gravitated towards men and seemed to distrust most women! Nevertheless, it did reveal an added layer to Phyllis nurturing this friendship. And nurturing is not a word I would usually associate with her!

That's a really good observation. And that "with it," boss personality is somebody I would probably enjoy watching more. Soaps already have a surfeit of loons. 

• Members

What a waste of time. After all this I highly doubt GT would even consider staying on the show and Angelica seems to stick to her decisions dumb or otherwise.

On another note, Hunter Haley King had her bridal shower and GT was there. I assume she will be at the wedding too. I had thought that MS would possibly be there but it doesn't seem so.