GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I wish I could be happier she's off GH but [!@#$%^&*] Frank just HAD to recast NinUGH.

I don't think I'll be watching much Y&R going forward. I'm barely interested now. With Chadam, Shadam, Shick ... no thanks.

At least it's Watros, I guess.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Well, this is sweet. Peter Bergman and others made speeches at Gina’s farewell party.

Someone on Twitter posted a small bit of Peter’s speech. Looks like almost the entire cast and crew were there - that’s a testament to who Gina is as both a person and a professional actress.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoldInMyDNA/status/1124134053907660800

Gina just posted a few pics on her Instagram as well.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I know this is random and not about Gina, but I'll never understand what the show sees in Amelia Heinle, who's been Victoria for way too long. Sigh. I just don't get it. Victoria deserves to be played by an actor with life to them. Victoria as a character has truly suffered with Heinle in the role. After over a decade in the role, I shouldn't still be wanting Heather Tom back

Please register in order to view this content

Heinle would have been perfect for doormat Katie on B&B. They really should have switched roles, personally. I also bet she'd have been dumped on B&B while Tom remains employed on B&B. (But I can see why Gareis and Tom were cast as the Logan sisters, they do look somewhat similar to the original actresses)

It's an interesting contrast to Gina, who maybe to some was never Phyllis, but she sure gave it her all no matter what, and added different layers to Phyllis (I enjoyed her take, but it was a rough transition, IMHO and Tognoni played Phyllis like a super butch lesbian in the beginning)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

From what I have heard and per DC, it def played a part for Anjelica, Griffith (oh Phick writer), and Morina (whose wife created Phick)!

It is what it is, no Jack/Phyllis redux, deal with it!

And b4 anyone comes @ me with the bs, I am not the one who brought up pairings. 

• Members

Well, it’s all hearsay anyway. I don’t count on any Phyllis pairing being front burner story or longterm anyway. 

We’ll see how the storylines pan out longterm with Stafford back. Whatever it is, I am not betting on it being anything great with these writers...

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Yes, it’s a soap where they have the time to tell long running stories, a concept Y&R and other soaps have not understood for years...

I guess the Phyllis/Billy story was sort of long running, but it was clear the show was never that interested and have now gone back to that terrible Billy/Victoria nonsense 

• Members

I sure will miss Gina.  When she came along and made the Phyllis character into a real person instead of an annoying, giggling, hip-swiveling, wind-up toy, I hoped I'd laid eyes on Stafford for the last time.  No such luck. 

• Members

The problem is rlj thinks everyone here is obsessed with the Jack/Phyllis/Nick/Sharon quad from years ago just like he or she is (or apparently, Nick and Phyllis with anyone but Sharon and Jack). As we've told you many, many times we don't care about that here. If you want to fight ancient couples stan wars Twitter's a different neighborhood from this site. That is not interesting for 95% of us.

• Members

Heather was Victoria from  December 12, 1990--February 21, 1997 & October 2, 1997-December 17, 2003 (12 years)

Amelia Henile March 21, 2005-Present  is over 14 years

Edited by John