GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's been too long. It won't happen even though it should. THAT is the actor switch they should have had the balls to make. I imagine Tom's fairly happy on B&B but she'd have far better material on Y&R because I imagine they'd write for Tom's strengths and not have Victoria be a simpering passive doormat like Heinle's version is (Tom at least tries to overcome the awful dreck they give her on B&B and she sells the hell out of it, so she'd sell the hell out of the crappy Victoria they write now; Heinle just doesn't bother, she appears half checked out all the time and like she just took a handful of Ambien, much like monotone Kelly Monaco).

But it's been 14 years .... I saw a lot of fans on Twitter so opposed to the idea of Heather Tom; they like Heinle as Victoria. They have no interest in Tom replacing her. I truly don't get Heinle's appeal what-so-ever in this role. The fact is, these viewers don't know who Victoria SHOULD be. They know this version, and this version is just abysmal, IMHO. What they needed to do is focus on Victoria being an ice cold bitch; Heinle actually can pull that off and I buy it. No one seems to have any idea who Victoria is or should be. Victoria Newman's world should not revolve around [!@#$%^&*] Billy Abbott. I wish the Toms were both still in the roles so they never could have been paired.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

She sells it, because she literally has chemistry with no one.  Not even Billy [!@#$%^&*] Miller.

IMO, AH and JM are precisely why they keep bringing back Adam (from the dead).  Nick and Victoria SHOULD be going head-to-head with Victor as his heir and heiress apparent, but they aren't, or aren't more often, because neither Amelia nor Josh is credible in that kind of storyline.  Frankly, it's embarrassing.

Edited by Khan

• Members

They used to. But it's not believable with them in the roles. It is embarrassing. I lol'd so hard when Morrow tries to act like Thug Nick and it falls so flat, it's embarrassing. And Amelia Heinle just reads hot mess to me, from the hair to the lazy acting choices ... must be nice to coast for 14 years ...

I definitely can understand why they keep relying on Adam, but I really have no interest anymore in Victor fighting with his kids and find it a bit cliche that of course Adam is the 'bad seed'; I think they could have written Adam a lot better (the Muhney years are what killed the character for me, personally). That ship sailed a long time ago. It's not enjoyable at all. It makes sense, sure, Victoria and Nick should be fighting him in different ways, and Victor at his core is a very controlling man, so his interference in their lives makes sense, but it just became so damn overdone and Victor became Stefano-lite. None of it works anymore. Heather Tom's Victoria? To see them continue to go toe to toe would be amazing, but Heinle's Victoria looks like she'd get lost in a maze and be unable to find her way out before curling up in a fetal position and crying for Billy to save her. That's not the Victoria I want to see. LOL. Victoria should be so much more than what she is, it's really infuriating. Nick's a lost cause and only works in scenes with his kids or Sharon. He and Stafford together were obnoxious ... and he had no chemistry with Tognoni. 

• Members

Morrow and Heinle must test well, or they feel they’ve invested too much in them as leads/Newman scions to make any changes. The show is hamstrung by their deficiencies. It’s like Y&R is fine walking with a painful, debilitating  limp instead of splurging on the expensive surgery that would fix the issue.

• Members

I mean, we have fans ecstatic that Kevin and Chelsea are coming back so we're probably a clear minority ... lol (but many are like us too)

But I agree, they must test well. I also agree they probably have invested so long in them that to make any changes now ... I mean, sadly Heinle's been Victoria longer than Heather Tom but yet I still crave her in the role. Other fans were horrified at the thought of Heather Tom replacing Heinle! I'm just always, sadly, reminded that we're so far apart from the 'casuals'. I'm not sure who they seem to listen to because it's sure not any of us ...

And oh man, you summed it up so well here: "It’s like Y&R is fine walking with a painful, debilitating  limp instead of splurging on the expensive surgery that would fix the issue." YES! Very accurate, IMHO.

• Members

More than that, Y&R is too afraid of losing their audience (and their number-one spot in the ratings) to make the sort of cast (or other) changes which, by now, are way past necessary.  Hell, we saw what happened when Sally Sussman tried to break up Cane and Lily and revert him back to his scoundrel-like ways.

Edited by Khan

• Members

First off, I replied to a post bout Jack and Phyllis, so someone HERE cared  that's what happens when your dumbass walks into a convo that don't involve ya

Shoo file, shoo

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Don't get me wrong, Bill Bell cared about ratings, too.  However, he never cared about the ratings (or the demographics, or the focus groups, or even the network's notes) to the point where he allowed them to dictate how he wrote or ran his show. If he didn't like something or someone, he cut it, and move on.

• Members

Just because people here might have liked Jack and Phyllis does not mean they are your sworn enemy from your boring couples stan wars and have been fighting you over them, Nick and Sharon since 2005 or whatever.

And you meant 'fly.'

• Members

I like Nick okay but he does act immature and sometimes makes decisions that aren't very intelligent. And I think that he does struggle when he tries to face off against Victor. For example, when not too long ago, he decided to give away his trust fund. He did that and people in his family thought it was ridiculous. Victoria tried to talk him out it. And I remember a scene where Dina had asked Abby if she was going to do the same thing and Abby was like "Heck, No" and her and Dina laughed and bonded over that type of attitude. (I liked that scene)

And I think after he decided to give away his trust fund, he was asking Devon for financial help with something (I think it was regarding something philantrophic, I can't remember exactly what it was. Maybe it was regarding creating low income housing for people in GC).  Then later he said how he wanted to create Dark Horse to leave something/provide for his kids. Even though he had decided to give away his trust fund, which could have helped him better do that. (And had initially said before he started giving it away, that his kids would be taken care of.)

I believe he largely decided to give his trust fund away that because he was angry at Victor, even though he tried to say that wasn't why he was doing it. But stuff like that and gaslighting his family with the JT mask/stuff is bad, immature knee jerk reactions he makes at times. Especially when he's mad at Victor.

I also didn't care how smug/rude he was with Jack, when Jack found out that him and Phyllis were sleeping together in his office at Dark Horse. Back when Jack was still working for him and him and Phyllis decided to mess around with each other, after Sharon called her wedding off to him. (I think he may have been kind of smug with Jack on more than one occasion when Jack was at Dark Horse. I was glad to see Jack go back to Jabot. He shouldn't have been working for Nick, IMO.) But he does stuff like that, that doesn't do his character any favors. 

Edited by xtr