GH and Y&R Casting News

• Members

LOL everybody eating crow , and a popular recast got fired  cuz Anjelica wanted MS  I remember, they waited almost a year to recast Phyllis and only started looking once MS got a job, JM and PB are on record saying TPTB waited cuz they were hoping MS would come back.  

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I don't think anyone doubts this. This probably did happen. The issue is how this impacted Gina Tognoni. If my old job found out I was free and swooped in to take me back (and I was interested), I'd do the same, even if it caused someone else their job. I'm just not happy with how it was handled, particularly from what's been said throughout the five years in which said person has been gone from the show.

As head of the daytime division, she can make decisions that impact all of the shows she oversees. Casting is just another one.

• Members

Stafford had to let someone know negotiations weren't going well otherwise how would CBS even know?

I just don't understand what would make Angelica jump in and make this decision. I see fans begging for certain actors and character returns every day, but never for her. If they were bringing over Billy Miller I wouldn't question it because I've seen some fans aski for that for a long time. Was Angelica personal friends with Michelle? Did she not like GT?  Is she doing it for JM? They did give him a pretty nice set. Or maybe it's even about protecting her Rey Rosales. If they write Shick again, Rey is a nobody, and could go the way of Scott.

I like the bad girls, and was a Phyllis fan before Phick. After that she became annoying (My girl Jill was always more fun). I didn't care much for either Phyllis, and both Phick & Philly were irritating. I just want less Phyllis now...whomever plays her.

• Members

Just heard about Gina Tognoni being let go and Michelle Stafford returning. I've been waiting for this for a while. I never bought GT as Phyliss for a moment. The only other person who could play Phyliss was Sandra Nelson from back in the 90s. GT is simply Kelly from OLTL for me. At least the soap powers got it right when Steve Burton left Y&R and returned to GH, and when Roger Howarth returned to OLTL.  

All I want now is Billy Miller out as Drew and back as Billy (now that Adam is returning), and Heather Tom back as Victoria.          (I wouldn't want Amelia H to be out of a job so she can be Katie on B&B, would not want Gina T out of work either so giver her Nina on GH)

Edited by ironlion

• Members

No GT is Dinah. A better written far more complex and layered character with actual history and ties on the show and familial relationships that GL actually cared about and a solid foundation. 

Phyllis has always been a pretty shoddily written character who they never invested much in besides being a cartoon sexpot 99% of the time, lets be real. Never cared much about giving her a family until a Avery rewrite cause Griffith loved Jessica Collins and never invested anything in her backstory besides some dumb plot point of her father running some dumb pyramid scheme. There has never been much there. 

• Members

I know I'm in the minority on Stafford returning to Y&R but she IS (arguably) Phyliss. Her prime was (for me) the early years with the Danny obsession, Tim Reid, and running over Cricket & Paul material.

Tognoni was great on OLTL, I didn't watch much of her as Dinah on GL but Wendy Moinz was the Dinah I preferred. 

I'm curious though how the majority feels on Heather Tom ever returning as Victoria?

Edited by ironlion