GH and Y&R Casting News

• Members

SC, JM, and MST have NOT been phoning it in for years. That is just not true, and I hate it when fans throw that phrase around and hit almost everyone in the cast with it. 

You our may not like their acting styles, but they’re always prepared and they are always invested.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

they most certainly have. SC and MTS in particular look like they're drugged up in scenes. And JM just looks bored af. 

you may like what they've been putting out, but it's still trash. Sorry. 

• Members

Unfortunately, over the years, Y&R became one big lobbying fair where actors often took to social media, to gin up fanbases to rally to their causes (I'm looking at you Laners) to influence pairings and storylines and it was to the show's detriment because it warped story.

One would hope that the HW and execs don't repeat the same mistake twice, three times (or however many times they've done it) but I just don't know if anyone BTS is smart enough, or has the backbone to lay down the law with the talent and say something like "Here's what we're not gonna do, we're not going to write storyline to suit your whims and wishes, so by all means, encourage the fans to tune in and watch but don't use them to try to change storytelling to suit your desires...you're a professional, you were hired to perform the script...make it work!"

Bill Bell Sr. had the confidence in his ability to tell stories, so he wasn't afraid to tell the actors what was what.   I don't think these generic HWs have the confidence to do that, but I guess we'll see.  Y&R has been messy BTS for the past decade and like I said, old habits die hard.

• Members

If u r referring to twitter, go back a few weeks and the cries for GT to kick rocks, tired of the Phyllis show was loud and lord knows what they put on the survey RME at the faux anger 

St John, Miller, Sherwood, RKK, etc, were all successful recasts, viewers will move on, be careful what you wish for

• Members

Even the old fossils on Facebook do not seem very thrilled with this news and that is pretty shocking to me since the super old viewers seem the most reluctant to recasts and stuff but there isn't some big sense of elation or joy there either. 

Its quite odd. Also what a weird position for the cast, though some have been more vocal than I was expecting (Camryn, Eileen, EB)

• Members

Phyllis has always been one of those characters that is deeply polarizing - people who both love and hate the character are very vocal. 

GT wasn't a flop recast that the show tried to make happen over and over again (like say Tammin Sursok as Colleen). She was able to develop a following and when the material allowed (which is not often for any character on this show anymore), she was able to bring new shades to the character. So many have said that GT has made them like Phyllis for the first time, and I think a lot of that had to do with what GT brought to the role. 

• Members

GT made Phyllis her own, like RKK made Bo his own, St John made Todd his own.  She made Phyllis stronger and fierce, loved her with JT and JM  But CBS  sought after Stafford, wonder if JM tipped CBS that his Besties contract neg were tanking

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by rlj

• Members

Oh, there is definitely NOT a loud echo of cheers for this homecoming. I'm surprised. I do agree that it'll blow over. In 6 months, GT will be forgotten about. It'll be fine. 

But lord, please don't let the show force Phyllis into every story and pair her with every man. I can't go back to that. It was bad when MY was doing it with GT too. 

• Members

I think it was more like GH wasn't backing down from contract negotiations, and Stafford had her management put feelers into the market for leverage (which Y&R took). So, in the end, Stafford had to eat crow and come back to Y&R after vowing she never would, because GH was not going to give into whatever demands her team was requesting. 

• Members

Pretty much. It was about time GH smartened up. She had played Nina for like 5 or 6 years and the show had nothing to show for it. No big ratings grabbing story or memorable moment, no Emmys or even noms, no big popular pairing so

• Members

I know myself and the Phyllis fans I interact with on FB and Twitter  were not hoping or wishing MS to return, aas very happy with GT, all will be ok by summer

Please register in order to view this content