GH and Y&R Casting News

• Members

Sorry, but what do EB and SC have to do with this thread? Neither of them have ever left the show because a producer didn't cater to them and neither vowed never to return either, like MS did. 

@Aback - PB's quote from his 25th Anniversary article with Micael Logan:

Always a loser in love, Jack was blindsided by the affair between his gal, Phyllis, [Michelle Stafford], and her loverboy, Nick [Joshua Morrow], who was practically a son to Jack. “Every time somebody decides that there’s life beyond Jack Abbott, it hits him in that same sensitive spot over and over — it’s like a blow upon a bruise,” says Bergman. And it wasn’t only happening on-screen. “Michelle, herself, was moving on. She was getting on with her next big love story on the show and loving it. She and I had a great, long friendship but she seemed really, really comfortable moving on. I’ve always been pretty good about keeping my character separate from myself, but there was some uncomfortable crossover of feelings there. I felt a little hurt, to be honest, but that’s the nature of the business.” Adds the actor: “I hate the phrase ‘ultimate betrayal’ but this certainly was it. Phyllis is the one Jack never got over.”

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Regarding whether Michelle Stafford's Return might keep the door shut on a Drucilla Return, someone on twitter shined a light on these old tweets the other day:

These tweets were from 2013. But this is the time I've seen them. Has anyone else seen these tweets before? Maybe the women have buried the hatchet and a VR/Drucilla Return is not as unlikely as it used to be. 

• Members

I saw those tweets when they were originally posted.  I don't think they'll ever be friends but I think because they were both off the show, it was said in a spirit of magnanimity. That MOVING ON, imo said a lot in terms of VR brushing off the dirt off her shoulder.  

Personal feelings between actors have little to do with Sony/Steve Kent accusations though.

That's the vibe I got too.

For the sake of that cast, hopefully MS' ego will be reined in by a director with backbone because she does have talent and was instrumental in Phyllis being more than a groupie who tried to entrap Danny Romalotti but it's an ensemble show and no one actor is worth chaos, no matter how talented she/he may be.

• Members

Thanks for the information. So maybe VR/Drucilla coming back isn't as unlikely if the two women have made peace with each other. I would love if VR came back as Drucilla. (Though it may not happen).

Edited by xtr

• Members

IMO it doesn't have to do with whether the actresses get along or not, it has to do with Sony brass like Steve Kent and whether there is still enmity between he and VR.  It sounded as if he/Sony ignored KSJ pleas and VR's wishes to reunite the couple onscreen.

AM is also in a slightly weakened position than she was years ago.  One of the Rosales' has already been fired and the others haven't caught fire in the way that she imagined, not to mention the length or time and freedom she gave Mal, even in the face of precipitously falling ratings.

Everyone has likely been a bit more humbled than when they last worked together at Y&R.

• Members

That quote was from 2014 when PB was doing an interview with Logan recapping stories from his 25 years on the show. MS made it no secret how she felt about the crappy Phick pairing, which dismantled the hell of of her character anyway. But then again, she's always seemed to have issues with living vicariously though that character. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

It's one thing to say what story/pairing you prefer, and it's another thing to unprofessionally go on set and try to devalue your scene-partner because you prefer another pairing. PB specifically called MS out for not being able to keep her character separate from herself like any professional actor would do. As an actor, you need to go to set and do your damn job - MS had trouble with this and it showed when the material was not what she wanted.

The show should not have to cater to this type of behavior, and luckily JFP and AM didn't the last time, lol. 

• Members

All I know is the show has never let PB, EB, and SC freely walk, which they gladly did with MS and now she's desperately taking the same job back because she has no other options. LOL 

Don't get this twisted, MS needs the show more than they need her.