GH and Y&R Casting News

• Members

I actually liked Gina T and Sandra Nelson in the role of Phyllis over Stafford.. only because both of those actresses were less campy and over the top.. and both Gina T and Sandra Nelson could give a glare that could cut through glass.

Upside will be a drinking game will be developed to take a shot anytime Stafford does one of her famous acting tics as Phyllis.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree with this comment. Josh especially is undoing a lot of the negative stuff that Mal did to this show. Including: wrapping up the JT storyline within a few days after it dragged on for over a year, starting to repair Summer's character after that mess she did when she harassed and then ended up sleeping with Billy. Also, getting Jack back in the CEO's chair in Jabot, and having the Abbotts (except Ashley) rally together and try and get their company back on track.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Gina made it pretty clear to everyone when she signed a contract in 2017 that she was u likely to sign another one in 2020. She told people at a fan event she almsot didn't sign in 2017 so she was likely going to leave in the summer od next year. 

She won the show its first Lead Actress Emmy in like a decade and got another Emmy nom, she's fine. 

I personally think the character of Phyllis, regardless of who plays her is a dud, though Gina gave her some layers others did 't. Still, the writing for the character has always been lame and shallow. I think Gina thought she was coming to play a Dinah-esque character and ended up severely disappointed. 

Anyway, Y&R hasn't been worth watching in a while and this news doesn't really change anything. 

Edited by Vizion

• Members

I feel bad for Gina losing her job but very happy for GH fans who will no longer have to watch Michelle Stafford suck the air out of every scene she's in. At least Phyllis is apart of the fabric of Genoa City, in Port Charles she was inessential and a waste.

The age difference between GT and MS never bothered me because although she's 10 years older MS looks damn good.

Sadly, not that it was ever going to happen anyway, guarantees that Victoria Rowell will never return.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Conspiracy theorist here, just so you know. And I don’t usually get too personal up in SON, but when I first heard this news that Stafford was back to Y&R, I was reeling.  Blame it on the fact that I have been drinking wine since lunch all you want, but when I told my hubby, who detests my beloved GH and the fact that I devote a good portion of my life to it and the BTS shenanigans, he brought up a valid point.

A little backstory first:

Just yesterday, I was relaying the fact to him that I was surprised that MS would agree to a storyline where her (presumed) long-lost daughter is a former member, and mother of a child with the leader of a cult that strongly resembles Scientology.  When I told him MS was a Scientologist, he said “they wouldn’t let her do that”.

The personal bit:  He is a double Ph.D. in Higher Ed and Sociology, and it’s not like I take his word as Gospel, but I find this news highly fascinating.

Is this sudden “change of direction” just that? Or is there more to this than it appears?