GH and Y&R Casting News

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Just thought I'd point something out, as noted in my story on this (see bold part): 

In the third recasting to hit Genoa City in just a week, CBS’ “The Young and the Restless” has released the granddaddy of casting shockers! Daytime Emmy Award winner Michelle Stafford is back in as Phyllis Summers after nearly a six-year absence. As a result, Gina Tognoni, who won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress for her portrayal of the character in 2017, was let go.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/03/michelle-stafford-gina-tognoni-yr-phyllis

• Members

Knowing Stafford she will continue to show out and try to game her pairings. I'd be shocked if she didn't go back to those old ways BTS despite being a flop at GH for years. Say what you will about Gina's age range but she sold everything she got, good or bad.

At least GH is free of Nina.

• Members

I feel bad for GT.

That said, the character of Nina can FINALLY  get the Hell out of Port Chuck. Will she be missed? Not at all.

The character has been shoved down viewers throats for years.   Can Wallow go next?

Oh and as far as Devry goes, he must be nervous, too. Once Oscar goes, how long will TB still be around?   Better start looking for some new "head" shots....

• Members

So this is another Robert Kelker-Kelly/Peter Reckell deal - without the sexual harassment angle. Or, if one prefers, Colton Scott back to Tyler Christopher or Greg Vaughn back to Jonathan Jackson. (Geez, looking at this, I guess soaps do this a lot.)

• Members

Regarding Jason Thompson's standing on the show, I think they may possibly end pairing Billy back with Victoria again.(Depending on what happens with her and the new character Brandon) He wants her back and spoilers say he will be trying to get back together with her. Him and Phyllis have been over since he slept with Summer. And then they tried Phyllis again with Nick, but dropped that for the time being and had Billy tell Phyllis how much he loved Victoria and that it was a mistake that he was with Phyllis..  I don't think the show was planning to reunite Billy/Phyllis anytime soon, even before this casting change was made.

I don't think this news is a big threat to JT's place on the show. Though, I do think if they got rid of Ameila Heinle , that could affect his place on the show.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Oh, Billy Miller's gonna be gone from GH tomorrow at this rate. Jason Thompson has done his best but he has no fan cache at the show beyond the Billy/Phyllis fans, incuding with Victoria fans IMO. Get ready for "BJ's Heart (Drew Cain Remix)" or something.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think that the show may be looking to put them back together. Though, that may depend on what they may end up doing with the new character Brandon. And whether they end up really liking him and the idea of him and Victoria being a couple. 

I'm not sure who else they might put Billy with. 

Edited by xtr