Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the Abbott dudes are assholes. Every last one of them. I know they didn’t have many dudes who were movers and shakers (at this time 12-18 months ago, almost every guy aside from Devon was “finding himself”), but they’ve waaaay overcorrected.

• Members

I don't like this jerky Billy. I only watch so often these days, but it seems like he's become really harsh and big-headed. Billy In Name Only. He's not even wisecracking, smarmy Billy anymore. Granted, they've no idea who or what Billy actually is/was, and he's changed over and over, for years, but this is the worst version thus far.

• Members

I like that Ashley did the selfish (correct) thing and left with her patents and didn't just give Jack what he cried and whined for when he did his about face apology.

It was reminiscent of an EastEnders or Coronation Street exit - Eileen did a great job. I'll miss her but also hope that she enjoys her life.

• Members

Yep. I was fully expecting a guilt-ridden, defeated Ashley being exiled by her family. This was a very satisfying exit. I thought the episodes leading to and following the big reveal were quite well-done. Ashley leaves being a recognized equal to Victor/Jack. I still wish they'd tried rekindling CAsh - ED/DG had chemistry before she left for DAYS and that could've solved the ED is "too difficult" to pair issue.  As if PB is easy, but that never stopped them from trying. 

• Members

I thought the Abbott scenes were well done as well, and I liked Ashley’s departure. Again, the flashbacks could have been more effective with more expressive actors. And we all know this show will never take big climaxes into directions that might sustain interest over time. The “Where do the Abbotts go from here?” isn’t enticing enough for me to keep watching.

Even these past few days, the rest of the show has been absolutely snoozeworthy. I don’t give a fig about Devon and the Ashbys rallying around Lily in prison or the dragging out of the JT aftermath and the blackmail plot.

• Members

I echo everyones' thoughts on ED/Ashley's exit--overall, well-done.  BUT no scenes with Eric Braeden?  I get not all the actors might not have been available to tape, but at least Ashley had a phone conversation with Neil.  I believe EB is on vacation...but at least a phone call with Victor...no?!

• Members

True dat.

While this is a soap and no one is truly every gone, there was a sense of finality. And in the grand scheme of things, that just seems to be a glimpse into the future. But, I won't be a Negative Nellie.

ED is going to be missed.

• Members

I liked all of the flashback scenes - the young actors were better than John and Dina.  This was maybe the best exit I've seen and I'm glad they didn't do something crazy like kill her off.  ED wasa  bright spot of the show and I have no idea where they'll go from here.  I have enjoyed Eric Braeden being gone but it looks like he's back soon and they'll have him eating the show once again. 

Archived