Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

asked ME and I was honored to give it. My words were never intended to disregard or disrespect the truly valuable cast that has worked in building its legacy throughout the years. My hope is to honor it in the same way these legends have & continue to do.

• Members

Ok, so I'm not overall happy with the show, but man Eileen Davidson has been killing it. The last couple of episodes have actually been pretty good. Marla Adams continues to amaze. I also enjoyed Phyllis/Billy, although I wish Gina used more restraint. 

I also don't think the show looks cheap, but the sets aren't as good as they used to be. The show is being slimmed down, not sure what people expect. Soaps are a dying breed, and have basically reinvigorated themselves on Primetime as "dramas" with higher production (see. GoT).

I don't really see Summer as the victim, but Billy did take advantage of her and that's messed up. So far, the fallout has been good.

I really hope it's Tessa behind the blackmail and then she can finally get going. Knowing how this goes, as soon as it's time for Tessa to be gone she will be come much more interesting and her acting will be much better lol

The Lily scenes were surprisingly well done.

• Members

Bedknobs and Broomsticks was released in December of 1971. Jack appears to be 15/16 (I want to say 15 based on the fact that he only has his permit). Ashley looks to be 9-11 and Traci is 6 or 7 I'd guess. Now Terry Lester was 30 when he took on the role of Jack in 1980 and I've surmised that Jack was meant to be around the same age, with Ashley about 5 years younger and Traci around 5 years younger than her. So they've de-aged the characters a bit. Which is fine, I just find breaking this stuff down interesting.

John and Dina weren't great casting, with John being better than Dina who was particularly weak and entirely too young for what the character was going through. Other than that I liked those bits, of course I literally watched nothing else in the episode. I wish soaps did these type of changes in pace more often.

Archived