Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Due to personal reasons, I happen to be home and watched it on POP. 

Wow. 

They referenced (correct me if I'm wrong) Ashley's company when she came back to town last time AND her time on B&B. Makes me want to know who wrote the exit since I missed that part.

I thought it was very well done and I really wished Ashley had slapped Kyle. Meanwhile I liked that MO played on the fence Abby well. And I was sad that there was a clear rift between Ashley and Traci, but both actresses did their moment well. Didn't feel the Billy part.

Abrupt write-off of Neil/Ashley but understandable. Agree with the Victor comments here with no last scene.

Now that he knows he's a blood Abbott again, Kyle is already being written as an A-hole I see. Mostly annoyed, but at the same time he should go back to being a schemer than this Summer-whipped guy he has been from my limited viewing. 

Just those last scenes...LOVE. I loved how the flashbacks were used to show that we are often showed Ashley bowing down and letting Jack running over her. And so...you thought she might do it again. And BAM!!!!! NOT THIS TIME. A sign of how much damage was done. 

That last frame...ED sold it. End scene indeed.

As soon as it faded to black I thought...MAL LIED.

I mean how could you write something like that and then said that Ashley was simply 'on break.' Looked pretty final to me. Felt it too.

And I feel almost no interest to continue watching tbh...other than what I do with Bobbie/Li on GH where I might check in to see how they are doing.

• Members

Yeah there was nothing about Ashley’s send off that felt like a break. I imagine they’ll at least try to get ED bsck for Dina’s eventual death despite having Ashley say she’s already made her peace. But I just don’t see Ashley or at least ED as Ashley back anytime soon.

• Members

I don't like that Kerry has automatically aligned herself with Phyllis. I don't think that Phyllis gave her a better offer than Jack/Billy did, (and Phyllis being CEO is not apart of a better offer, IMO. Granted Kerry may prefer to work for a female CEO. But even taking that into consideration Phyllis is still not the best option). I don't want to see Phyllis get the CEO spot, but I think she may end up getting it for the time being. Maybe she will have to step down once the truth about JT comes out and then someone else gets it. (Like maybe even Lauren, who while not an Abbott is an option that is more preferable than Phyllis)

• Members

don't know why he does. every time he talks a set piece is being chewed up by him. notice how he can't say one word without his entire mouth open. 

ok.

Ash leaves, it's the next morning and the family is much more interested in filling the CEO seat than the fact they ran Ash off. bad writing there.

Can a bus hit Kyle?

Billy just can't learn anything. don't know which one it was but whoever called him a punk nailed it. he embezzled from the company to support his gambling but hey....it's what he does. 

Jack, just STFU. you have NEVER cared about your family. you're the Cliff Barnes of that family and GC. all you care about is owning the company.

Traci really needs to stop with all this "My GOD! how many times do I have to forgive people for the most horrible things until this family pulls itself together?! Jack, I KNOW yous et fire to the local Dairy Queen, killing 6 people....but I forgave you that very same day. My GOD!"

and.....I AM SICK OF THIS STUPID, GOD-AWFUL JT/DEAD BODY STORY! WRAP THIS CRAP UP MAL!

• Members

The Victoria stuff is such a waste. I know they could never replicate the brutality and horror of the BLL story due to the content restrictions of daytime broadcast TV, but the actual “story” itself was so compressed while the aftermath has been so protracted (MONTHS!!) yet content-free and emotionally flat. And for all of the years we were force-fed Amelia Heinle as the show’s primary heroine, they chose *these* past few months to sideline her while giving Sharon Case and Gina Tognoni the lead female roles in the storyline? (The less said about the Victor/Nick stuff the better.) Sharon and Phyllis are the ones who were suffering the mental repercussions of the cover-up, mostly because they felt that the Philly/Shick quad was their money story while not understanding how to play Victoria as anything other than an appendage to a man. Nonsensical. How about a woman trying to rebuild her life and confidence after suffering abuse? Not sexy enough? They’ve literally twisted themselves into pretzels to make this story about everyone *but* Victoria. Did they just all of a sudden realize AH isn’t that dynamic to watch? We saw much more Mariah even before they resumed the “romance” with Tessa.

Archived