Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While I totally understand EB's vexation at the egregious state of affairs where this show is concerned, JV's comments confirmed he had never seen the show before. He said nothing "wrong" or impolite. If I were EB, I would not have any anger towards him. Why shouldn't a single newbie actor be included in the spot, and give his impressions about the show? All the other actors were vets.

• Members

I think it’s not about the video itself or even JV, although they are useful targets. He’s been in a lather about the direction of the show for a while. A lot of that anger is self-serving, as Victor’s shadow over Genoa City has shrunk in recent months. But he’s tapping into the fan anger surrounding the recent cast purge and storytelling decisions.

• Members

This show is a friggin' mess.  Yes, it's been bad for several years but this has to be the worst it's ever been. 

EB is likely reacting to being diminished on the show, but that doesn't mean that his words don't have merit. 

It's not good to single out one actor that way. I enjoyed Vilasuso on AMC and he's not bad but honestly, only in a severely diminished medium like the daytime soaps can an actor say they've never watched an episode of a show that they now work on??  

If an actor auditioned for the Sound of Music and said they'd never seen the musical, I doubt he or she would get the gig.

If a newspaper columnist/reporter interviewed for a job with the The Washington Post or The New York Times and said "Sorry but I've never read one of your articles", I doubt they'd get the job.

Only on a daytime soap opera can an actor say that he's never seen one episode of a 45+ year old show and still be regarded with any degree of professionalism. SMH.

Personally, I know if I contacted an actor to even participate in a staged reading of something I'd written and they didn't bother to read the play, they'd get cut immediately.  That's disrespectful, folks.

Also, is Vilasuso not an Emmy voter?  How the eff can you be in this business as long as he has an not have seen Y&R?

Archived