Y&R October 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not matter how they try to spin it it, I'm not mad at Ashley. I can't be and I won't be! No matter how much Traci cries, and we know that's going to be RIVERS. No matter how many times Jack acts innocent. No matter how Kyle makes it about himself. Jack had treated Ashley really shitty, and he's getting what he deserved.

• Members

A little off topic of what's going on right now, but does anyone know when the last time they mentioned or used "The Collonade Room"?  It was always the place for the top tier dinners, etc.  And I was thinking also about Gina's.  It sure would be nice if they brought some of those things back once in a while or even just mentioned them.  And I stopped watching for a period of time.  How long has it been since everything has happened at the Genoa City Athletic Club?

• Members

And what happened to Reid?  I don't tune in all the time but he just disappeared too?  And today's ending...as the character, I can see why Ashley would leave town and basically disown all of them.  They did exactly what her whole argument was - they all supported Jack and ditched her when he's repeatedly done far worse.  Kind of timely with current events...women and men are held to different standards when it comes to business and life in general.  I have to give kudos to the writing team the past few days...probably the best stuff I've seen in years. 

• Members

Jack has a right and at the same time NO RIGHT to be pissed off at Ash. he was the one who set this in motion, but Ash IMPO didn't have to leave so much collateral damage getting back at his selfish whiny self. but for Ash to not even recognize that Traci will be the one most hurt by this....not cool in my book. Billy-a punk kid trapped in a 50-year-old body who wants everyone to forgive him but can't do the same with others. Kyle-I can't remember hardly any times the news of him not being in Abbott came up. the first thing he did was run to Victor and offer the tape to him to work under him at Newman. Traci-sometimes her holier-than-thou shtick gets really old for me. she is the head of the family but her decisions can have dire effects. and Jackie-how many times has he lost Jabot because he is the Cliff Barnes of this show? how many times has he thrown everyone in his family under the bus? but now he's mad? 

But even though I agree with her, 100%, still what Ash did was foul, evil and just cold. to tell Jack he should forgive her because John would have rubbed me the wrong way. rather arrogant of her, but..... as I said, at least she never lost the company and has cared more for her family than Jack ever has.

• Members

I can understand why Ashley will be upset with things Jack has done to her, though I do think she went too far with the way she carried out revenge. I didn't like how Ashely used her mother who is suffering from Alzheimers in her plan against Jack. I also thought she was acting a bit childish today, when she literally was stomping her foot, because Ashley and Abby weren't taking her side in this debacle with Jack. 

I do think these Abbott family scenes have been interesting. I think that the Jack/Ashley scenes were interesting and I like how Traci tries to be the voice of reason. I also thought that the scenes with Billy/Jack/Kyle were good. Billy and Jack in disabelief/bonding about what Ashely did, and then them finding out what Kyle did to Billy and Billy's anger about that. I do think that Billy may end up trying to get revenge on Kyle for his actions. 

• Members

The fact that I've watched 3 straight episodes (Fri-Tue) after only watching 3 the past 6 months says something. ED just killed it and the writing for her was solid, except for the tantrum with Traci/Abby. Ash was right to rip Traci about the fact that she didn't lecture/chastise Aunt Jack about putting in the Blood Clause. That's exactly when Traci should've stepped in and stopped the madness. 

Ash has 30 years of Aunt Jack using her paternity against her and bullying her. I still loved that John never knew, but even if he did - it wouldn't have mattered.  Anyway, for a S/L that had a bizarre start, tepid middle, it has resulted in one of the best payoffs in years. 

Oh and props to making Nikki the wise one - the $1 thing was hilarious. I'll admit that tying these four characters that have much onscreen/real history/bad blood was a good idea.

Archived