Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

I didn't even consider Brian Williams, but no, I wouldn't be surprised either.  Williams could return from the "Siberia" of cable news with the narrative of being the humbled anchorman seeking a chance at redemption.  He might not regain the evening spot, but he could use the surprising and unlikely "Today" gig as the springboard toward becoming a sort of male Barbara Walters for NBC, hosting and producing news and interview specials and the like.

You know, I'd actually welcome that?  Bryant Gumbel is a prick, but he (and Jane Pauley) also lent "Today" a certain gravitas that, IMO, they've never quite recaptured.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I’m quite perplexed at this search for a new male host. No I don’t think Savannah Gutherie is close to being strong enough, I certainly believe Gayle King and Norah O”Donnell are more than capable of carrying their show.  I don’t know what I’d do with Today since I haven’t liked it forever. But I hope they don’t get the idea of Megyn Kelly. Frankly I’d be more apt to try someone like Joy Reid who I think has more personality, can play a tad softer and be hard nose when needed, but they’d never give her that shot. And I don’t think Lack likes her. Not that he’s shown any sound judgement.

• Members

The reaction to Angela Lansbury's statements was disgusting. A bunch of Millenial fools who can't bother to read the entire statement she made. 

Lauer had it coming. His cheating seemed to be an open secret. The secret lock button under his desk, as Variety reported, is disturbing. Perhaps now his wife can finally divorce him, get half of everything and custody of the kids.

• Members

@amybrickwallace I am sorry for what you went through, and can imagine how triggering all this must be. Please do take care of yourself, and hopefully your therapist is on it! Stories like yours make me so angry; these scumbags' actions leave emotional scars for years. I hate what this person did to you, it's just so evil. May karma get his a$$ good.

I would welcome Bryant back. IMO he was the best of the best along with Jane Pauley. If Jane comes back, I wouldn't mind either! Agreed with others here that Savannah is nowhere near strong enough to be carrying this show. I'm not crazy about her voice/delivery either as it makes her sound like a bimbo.

The story about Lauer being able to lock the door from his desk literally makes me want to throw up. The rape office, was it? And is Lauer a budding carpenter? How did he finagle a button like this? Or, more likely, who at NBC OKed the workmen to do this?

• Members

What is disgusting here is several posters' decision to defend Lansbury's comments simply because you like her so much and refuse to accept she's wrong. There is no taking out of context comments that basically amount to "rape is wrong, but don't wear that skirt!" If you add a "but" after stating that women should not be assaulted or raped, it nullifies the entire previous statement. If a man made those comments, you'd be calling for his head. And

Please register in order to view this content

at her shaming the internet. Do people overreact, swiftly and often? Yes. But welcome to 2017, Angela! Don't bother quoting me. Shame. 

God. And I have the feeling we're not even hearing the half of it.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Because white manhood runs NBC and the Today show (even though their audience is largely female). And white manhood is feeling awfully needy and insecure and picked-on these days! Oh and white manhood doesn't believe that people who have to wear bras can adequately anchor a major show like Today. The hate-on for Megyn Kelly? Is likely coming as much from NBC News as it is from outside the organization.