Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Angela Lansbury was old when I was 8. I just don't have time for people playing the cancelled game over this ancient woman on Twitter. She's old, she has somewhat antiquated views on sexuality from a very different time, I disagree with her but I'm not going to burn her at the stake. We have bigger fish to fry.

• Members

It's a bit embarrassing to see a BBC journalist using generic social media buzzwords. I doubt Angela Lansbury cares whether anyone "cancels" her or not. It's just silly and self-absorbed. I have had to put up with my older relatives having the most horrible views and I don't rush to social media to make a meal of it. 

• Members

That is, without a doubt, the case. She's coming at this with an outdated, ancient mentality. I can understand why she's saying these things.

What the journalist said is not the problem here. Unfortunately, the problem is that this kind of opinion is what many have been fighting against and, once more, it is validated. Just because it's Lansbury and she's old doesn't mean it should be shrugged off. It shows, once more, how much work needs to be done.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I don't think anyone is shrugging it off. I just don't expect a lot from a 92-year old and I thought it was a bit odd that the first thing someone who is in a position to influence debate would do is run on social media and type "canceled" like their tumblr favorite forgot the right words in the right order for lgbtqia. 

• Members

I don't think so. ML has came off as arrogant and above everyone since he started on Today. it may add thought to why some of his female co hosts left or were pushed out...because maybe, MAYBE they didn't accept his advances. well now his career is shot. serves him right IMPO.

• Members

The women as usual cleaning up the mess for the network...

This is a shock to nobody and has been going on for decades. The guy is a lech and a a$$hole.

You only have to ask what Ann Curry is doing these days as NBC News's former 'special national/international correspondent.' Her career was not just sidelined but outright extinguished by the old boys club at NBC News.

Edited by Cat

• Members

FINALLY! FINALLY!! FINALLY!!!

20 years of this piece of [!@#$%^&*] ruining NBC from top to bottom, a smug, sour old bag of piss. I loathe watching anything involving him and now I never have to see his endlessly sanctimonious puss ever again on my screen.

This is good and right and just and everything we have deserved in our painful lives. 

FINALLY!!!!! 

Edited by DRW50