Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

Tamron Hall as well, if that was his doing. So much talent shown the door. And what they did with Ann was so cruel - the way it was handled. 

I also never have forgotten that "town hall" show he had last year with Hillary and Trump, where one got brickbats and the other got kisses. You can guess who was who.

I don't mean to make a joke of what he allegedly did to women, obviously that is serious, but I just can't hide how thrilled I am he's gone.

This year has exposed so many of the worst of the lip-pursing, self-righteous set who dominate so much of how TV covers the world - Halperin is another one. I just wish I believed those replacing them will be better.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, the Lauer town hall! God.

I shouldn't be this surprised given how smug he was. I thought he was untouchable.

Apparently this is NBC trying to get out in front of a major Lauer story breaking - I think in the Times - soon. (Incidentally, I don't think Maggie Haberman has commented on her partner Glenn Thrush yet.)

I'm no fan but this is classily done from her:

From Mystery Science Theater 3000's TV's Frank:

Edited by Vee

• Members

DRW I have never seen you react so excitedly and emotionally before! 

Please register in order to view this content

ITA, it is WAS his syrupy, slimy sanctimoniousness (while trying to shtup anything in a skirt behind the scenes) which grated the most for me. Remember that fake-ass 'farewell' they made Ann Curry do so that he could look like he wasn't involved in her firing? (Operation Bambi as he and his producer nicknamed it). Backfired miserably. Today lost millions in ad revenue as audience figures went down. And he STILL kept his job! These allegations must be big for NBC to finally fire his ass (and the firing has more to do with covering their own asses than it does with punishing the perpetrator).

Props to you for finagling CeCe Peniston's 90s bop into your post. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

I believe so. I think it might be him getting the slot.

My assumption about these impending stories is that NBC knew and covered it up. The old boys club.

I was not aware til this morning of Lauer's rumored affair gone bad with Natalie Morales, which apparently ended her tenure on the show(?).

• Members

My sentiments exactly, lol.

Frankly, I don't think this (meaning, of course, Lauer's firing) would have happened had "Today"'s lead in the morning show race been as solid as it had been in years past.  But, with "Good Morning America" and even "CBS This Morning" gaining on them, I feel like the situation was ripe to give Lauer more than just a stern talking-to and maybe time off for rehab at some sex addiction clinic.

And to think: everyone was so sure Megyn Kelly would be gone first.

• Members

Thanks.

I can't say I'm all that bowled over by Savannah's class or grace, as she was a wreck and I think that level of emotion was not appropriate for Lauer given the accusations, but with the rumors that he chose her mostly because she was much more compatible to him personally than Ann, I'm not surprised if she was joined at his hip.

I was disappointed to read the claims that Charlie Rose pushed out Josh Elliott to make sure no one could replace him on CBS This Morning.

I know this is how morning news has been for many years, but at least the Jane Pauley/Deborah Norville stuff was more tabloid trash fodder that you could have some laughs with (like that All About Eve parody on SNL). These creepy men dominating morning news and choking the life out of anything that comes their way is just depressing. It reminds me of how phony so many of the smiles on morning TV have become. 

I really hope that we're going to get some cleanup now. It's well past needed.