Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He was FIRED!! I don't care if he has a contract and that $30M is left on it. If Ordinary Joe Q. Citizen was managing a Burger King and doing the kinds of things to his female subordinates that Matt Lauer was doing at TODAY - he'd be canned and most likely jailed yesterday. He wouldn't be getting any severance, nothing!! 

• Members

Which just proves what I said earlier (although, not on this board): that Matt Lauer's act of contrition was just that.  An act.  If he were truly remorseful over what he'd done, and not just sorry that he got caught, he would walk away and forget about the money.  A truly remorseful person would realize he doesn't deserve the money (and in fact, he would give money to whatever charities are out there to advocate for victims of sexual abuse).

• Members

That's good...but is that good enough?

Given not just Lauer's behavior but also the "old boys club" sentiment at NBC that allowed him to behave as he did for so long, I say the network should be made, somehow, to donate at least a portion of that $20 million to organizations that benefit and advocate for victims of sexual harassment and abuse.  Lauer, as well, should be made to make restitution to his victims.  Then, and only then, will I feel like justice is being served here.

Edited by Khan

• Members

@Khan, you bring up a good point about the hierarchy at NBC:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/906906001

Sickeningly, Lauer's first wife is supporting him. I suspect his current wife is looking for a good divorce lawyer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2017/12/01/matt-lauers-ex-wife-comes-to-his-defense/amp/

• Members

He shouldn't be anywhere near anything involving Freddie Mercury. I'd like to believe this is some statement from the universe...

If anything does happen with him then I think we're going to see some real heads start rolling. I'm a bit concerned about who a few of them may be if rumors are true.