Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

I know this is a story from the Fox News website, but this article does bring up some good points about the questionable practice of NBC having an internal investigation rather than bringing in someone from the outside. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/12/04/nbc-news-raises-eyebrows-for-keeping-lauer-investigation-in-house.amp.html

By giving Matt Lauer too much power, NBC really has no one to blame but themselves for this situation (aside from the sexual harassment/assaults):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2017/12/04/matt-lauers-intense-jealously-left-nbc-without-a-plan-b/amp/

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Meanwhile, Robert DeNiro wishes he were back on "The Graham Norton Show."

But seriously.  Hoffman's been accused of sexual harassment by several women, and now he's on a panel to discuss "Wag the Dog."  Who DIDN'T think that would be a recipe for disaster?

I'm sure the Scientologists will say it's a witch hunt (if they haven't already).

• Members

New York City Ballet and the School of American Ballet both stress that their investigation is based on an anonymous letter and have so far found no substantiating proof of misconduct but decided to proceed with the investigating process anyway.

Perhaps it has to do with the claims in hushed tones by former dancers and former staff that Martins had often slept with dancers and as a result promoted some dancers over others.

New York City Ballet Is Investigating Sexual-Harassment Claims Against Chief Peter Martins

• Members

I think the two or three Twin Peaks fans here may be the only ones who know him. (unless there are a lot of Prison Break or iZombie fans here)

He was one of my favorite parts of the revival. I guess it's another reminder that real life is not the same as a fictional character. The irony is that he played a character who is usually extremely misogynist and abusive to women, but on the show was not.