Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And Lionsgate did more than just pull the movie, they sold it back to the production company, suggesting they wanted to be rid of the movie.

I just finished reading. At first, I had no intention of reading yet another Weinstein article but figured that this would name names, which it did. 

It's bizarre how much Weinstein and Trump have in common, down to the connection to the man who owns the publisher of The National Enquirer.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

According to a People article published today, Matt Lauer is "weak and broken and ashamed" since his firing. Boo freaking hoo, Mr. Pervert!

Check out this article from 2008 about the now-infamous Matt Lauer Roast. So much for the NBC folks not knowing about his, ahem, quirks.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2008/10/24/matt-lauers-roast-tom-cruise-katie-couric-and-3-hours-of-dick-jokes/

• Members

I was disappointed, if not surprised given how self-defeating and ponderous NYT has been in recent decades, that they included Lena Dunham making Weinstein all about herself by claiming she'd warned Hillary's campaign and no one had listened. 

Apparently she's too stupid to see that if she knew, Hillary or many in Hillaryland certainly knew, as many in the industry and the political world likely knew. 

Apparently she's also too stupid to realize that after everything with her sister and with the Girls co-writers she blindly defended, she's the absolute last person to speak as any moral authority on this issue. 

And to use this issue for an "I told you so!" is shameful. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Exactly.  You think YOU feel "weak and broken and ashamed," Matt?  Well, it ain't even a tenth of how the women that YOU victimized over the years must feel.  However, they, unlike YOU, will keep working in the business they've committed their lives to; and as far as I'm concerned, that's justice.

Me, to Lena: "Is it possible that no one listened to your warnings about Harvey Weinstein, not because you're a woman, but because you're, well, you?"

I probably shouldn't say this, or even think it, but I, for one, cannot WAIT for the day when Lena Dunham's career is shot down like the virus-infected bird that it is.  #BIRDEMIC

• Members

That writer's room sounds a bit...er, much.

Honestly, I wonder what Judith Light's thoughts are on all this. Perhaps a lot of the cast and crew were able to simply do their jobs and go home but it seems like boundaries were being crossed all over the place. 

A great deal of the off-camera dynamics sound like a complete mess.

Edited by DramatistDreamer