Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, in other words, exactly what I was saying the other day.

Now he's asking for forgiveness. LOL If he's doing that, it's because they are turning against him or he really fears they will. He knows he's nothing without those stans (who keep voting him and Lily as couple of the week or whatever

Please register in order to view this content

) and is more or less afraid he'll lose their support. 

I have to laugh at "the fallout won't stop" lmao. There is a small part of me that's hoping he's playing along, upping the ante of his character's arc, but I really doubt it

It must suck when your character's entire range of action is "dick Lily down."

• Members

I'd love to know how many of these supposed powerful Lamer stans are outlet there? Considering the characters have had like one other story (Joe) during past 3 or 4 years, their influence must be nil or they'd be featured all the time. 

DG must be stuck in some type of bubble to not realize he's the male lead in Y&R current front burner story. 

• Members

He needs to get over his self-important ass. I have never read anything so snivelling and cringeworthy from any Y&R actor as this, not even PB, JM or the long departed MS who sometimes would try and rally fans a certain way. IMO DG's post is a blatant attempt for attention: he's getting his 3 fans all riled up one way, but he's also promoting the SL and posting next week's teaser. Trust me, he loves this frontburner SL. He just wants to get people yapping about it so that he can remain front-and-centre. He's marketing it. Everything he wrote before the cringey hashtag is fit for a Y&R promo voiceover.

• Members

So this has started some uproar on Twitter (and yes we all know Tommy is cray though this appears to be true): 

Kay Alden is OUT as a consultant and Sally has hired her 24 year old son as a scriptwriter (he has been there about a month, his onscreen credit is ADAM SAMUEL when in fact his full name is ADAM SAMUEL MORINA)

http://highlighthollywood.com/2017/07/yr-in-crisis-sony-insider-says-ms-kay-alden-is-out-sussman-tried-to-hire-her-son-to-replace-the-venerable-writer/

I think Sally is getting fired when her contract is up anyway but I can't imagine her son has enough experience to justify giving him a job as a scriptwriter. Y&R has always loved nepotism but now both Sally's husband and son work on the show? I assume based on those releases about how bad the The Talk is doing compared to The View that Angelica will be making a ton of changes to the lineup anyway. The lead-ins will shelter some of the blame I'm sure.

• Members

I'll need some actual proof Kay Alden is out and not the rantings of a guy that misses MAB and Puhney Muhney before I believe it. As for hiring Sally's  son, maybe a 24 year old can help with the writing for the teens.

I think Charlie's portrayer is doing a decent job with his material.

• Members

I posted this in the Spoiler section but I'll post it here as well because I'm interested in the opinion of those who do not check the Spoiler section.

Much has been said about KA's contribution to the show. I think it is so very apparent that KA's involvement has increased dramatically in the last few months.

We've seen what kind of show SSM is able to write: uneventful, directionless, lots of character moments, enjoyable. 

Lately things have picked up in a typical Bill Bell fashion: see Abby getting caught in the cross-fire between the Newmans and the Abbotts. That's exactly why the Abby character was conceived 17 years ago. So she could be in the middle of a ferocious custody battle and then grow up to be caught in the middle of Newman and Abbott wars. SSM is not capable of writing any of that. Because she does not have the talent and she was not there when the writers came up with the Abby/sperm storyline.

The Nikki concert and the family drama revolving around it screams KA. (it was reminiscent of the infamous GOLA by Jack Smith)

The way characters are talking until exhaustion about minor happenings? (Nack kissing. Abby pouring a drink onto Victoria) Typical KA.

Heck, even the Sharon hotline storyline reminds me of BB's boring PSA stories (lots of them were given to Christine lol). But maybe I'm letting myself get carried away, I'll admit that.

My point is: KA's influence over the show is tangible. And it has actually grown dramatically lately. Does SSM like it? Was SSM asked to take a step back? Is SSM sabotaging KA? I don't know. But I am hoping KA outlasts SSM.

Archived