Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

I do think the show picked the wrong people to habe the struggling with money story.

I think a new character should habe been introduced that is from the wrong side of the tracks,etc.  Heck, even Tessa could have been that character.  And her and Noah/mariah could have had sharon  playing disapproving mama not thinking Tessa is good enough for either of her kids...thus revisiting the nikki/sharon element where Nikki thought sharon wasnt good enough...

Jill, Nikki, Nina, Drucilla were perfect examples of being from the wrong side of the tracks..wanting the good life and respect (especially Dru..who wad always viewed as inferior to Olivia).

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree about  her not knowing what she wants to do. She knows exactly what she wants to do. His purpose is someone that lily and Hilary can fight over and both sleep with.  The problem is that's all she wants to do with him. He needs more to him than that.  

• Members

Oh, Nick, thank you so much for giving me permission to run my business! Ugh, what are these writers thinking by having a female business owner need permission for her to make a deal? Especially in this case - Hilary has always supported Chelsea. That was so incredibly uncomfortable to watch.

A better approach: Nick: "Chels, you know I hate Hilary, so you cut the best possible deal and use her to the max to boost C2.0 visibility and profits."  Done.

I'm certaingenius Paul can figure out where the two payphones left in GC are located. This Crystal thing is so contrived, but I'll give it a pass because Sharon and Paul are being written as close to the characters we initially loved. 

Billy/Hilary. Hmmmm. 

Pacing. Why on earth would they rush the Cane taking money and the convenient letter with tuition 'reminder' showing up in same hour? At least drag it a week since school probably starts in August.  Maybe I missed it, but it looked like letter open when Maddie handed to Lily and CK improvised quickly by sliding her finger to 'open' it. I have a feeling it was a retake.  

• Members

Sharon should be interacting with Nikki & Victoria about Tessa (and her influence on Noah) just as Nina should've done with Jill & Katherine about Chloe.

But Y&R is more interested in pushing couples with little to no chemistry than utilizing its history effectively.

• Members

Exactly. I like Ravi too. He had potential when first introduced but then they made him over and stripped him of any bit of personality he may have had and now he's Ashley's girlfriend and talk-to. It's a shame.

+1

Yes. This.

Archived