Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was Ravi, but SSM also said something bizarre: "What I’m creating for her is an unexpected soulmate story—a story with someone who is not going to be the love of her life, but that someone is going to leave her open to one day having the love of her life." I remember reading that and saying; "Huh?" How is your soulmate not the love of your life?  

Every single line Ravi has said about Dina could've been said by Traci and it would've been far more interesting. I get if BM isn't available, but Ravi as a subordinate and recent hire with no prior history with anyone, shouldn't be involved in the senior executive's private lives.  

• Members

+1. And what makes it worse is there are just as many issues (if not more) between Traci & Dina that need to be resolved as there are between Dina & Jack and Dina & Ashley but Y&R loves acting as if John only has two children.

• Members

Call me crazy, but AH is growing on me!

Please register in order to view this content

She is never going to be Victoria - that's for sure, but she's written more in character and she is somewhat trying to not sleepwalk through scenes. I'm actually not FFing her scenes, although I'm FFing every scene her brother is in and her nephew. Noah is such an underdeveloped character and sorry, the guy who plays him looks too old next to Nick. They should have never recast Kevin Schmidt.

• Members

You are so right! Traci as the youngest abandoned was left with all sorts of issues that made her one of Y&R's most interesting characters during the 80s. Interestingly, Traci, like Dina, ended up being successful in their own right outside of the Jabot and the GC bubble. 

If the writers are up for it, there is so much more to do with Dina: Traci, having her work with Jack on how he's 'abandoned' his own children, helping Ashley regain her power at Jabot (Ashley should be running Jabot, not Jack), getting her involved with Jabot, HWG, NE or CI - Dina is unique in that she has legit ties to all four of GC's big biz. 

With the unfortunate killing off of John and JC's passing, MA could fill that very big void of town matriarch, who is both wise, business savvy and flawed. Jack, Nikki, Jill, Victor have been unable to do so for a lot of reasons. 

• Members

LOL. And yeah, they seemed to have dropped that.

I think she's stepped it up a bit. She still puts me to sleep but I see a bit of fire in her every once in a while I suppose.

+1

And pretty sure Beth Maitland would love to be on more. If they can find time for JC to chew scenery (though Gloria in smaller doses and less bug eyes has been better and I haven't minded Gloria as much) they can find time for Beth Maitland. Maybe they just assume she doesn't want to be on more? IDK. It's weird. She very much should be a part of the show, especially now.

• Members

I recall once BM said she was working behind the scenes on one or two shows...and that she and the show coordinate her appearances based on her availability.  Traci not even making a visit is the only glaring flaw of the Dina story.

• Members

Crystal on the pay phone had me LOL. How many of those are still around? Of course, Clueless Paul won't consider that.

For a moment last week, I wondered if Zack was one of the masterminds behind Crystal and the sex trafficking -- and if Tessa has a problem with him because she escaped the sex ring.

Could Zack be developing his app to snare more young sex slaves? I know this is a leap.

• Members

Traci appeared with Dina. Two episodes at the end of May/start of June. At the dinner Ashley threw. Dina and Traci also had a few scenes at the Athletic Club. But it should have been SO much more.

It'd be an easy way to throw him under the bus and get rid of him, should MY want to.

I think Zack is doing exactly that. That was my thought too.

• Members

When has Paul ever grabbed a clue? I mean he considers Kevin his best employee and he looked like he puts saline drops in his eyes to cry cause it is so forced (like when he killed his son  and also for Patty)...Lets not even bring up the s/l face transplant (Sheila/Phyllis) locked him up in a cage and escaped.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I thought Gina and Jason had some chemistry initially but their relationship is nothing but sex. It's based on nothing. And it does neither of them any favors as characters. Phyllis (and Victoria) looks like a fool chasing after him.

Archived