Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Members

That annoyed me today. I want Nick and Noah's relationship to implode like ASAP, and not due to Nick's hesistance to expand Underground. I want Noah to bed Chelsea in a drunken one night stand and it ruin Noah and Nick's relationship. 

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yassss. I'm so on board with that.

Meanwhile did anyone else chuckle as Heinle collapsed as Victoria in the elevator? Can she stay unconscious forever and ever please?

So what was the point of this Cane [!@#$%^&*] if Lily and Cane stay together? Zzzzz. Lawd.

• Members

I get liking Hilary and favoring her but if the character is going to do shady things like she did with the Newmans (twice) then why is it a problem when they call her out on it? She doesn't seem to grasp the reality of doing terrible things and their consequences. I love her for it but I still think characters should be able to call her out on it. But yes, this again proves she needs a TRUE friend to be there for her. She gets railed on and slinks away. There needs to be more than that but I had no problem with Sharon going off on her and throwing her out of Crimson Lights. Hilary does destructive things and doesn't seem to care. I like Hilary as a [!@#$%^&*] stirrer but she can't be the only one. Phyllis has been neutered which is a shame.

Ah! Forgot about that little tidbit. Cane never learns LOL

And I swear they read our boards. Sharon now has a story from her internship like was suggested on here and we see the possibility of Juliet/Charlie, as was suggested on here. Hhmm.

• Members

Who would make a good friend for Hilary?  It doesn't even have to be a female either.  Phyllis and Michael are friends..and back in the day, michael and Diane were friends as well.

If I had to choose a friend for Hilary...i probably would have chosen Noah before her expose on the family..or perhaps have developed Chelsea/Hilary as friends, too.

This show seems to be missing actual friendships..imho.  remember the days when Nina/Cricket were best friends...or when Jill/Mari Jo mason were friends...or victor/douglas.. ir even paul/nikki?  

• Members

Very true.

I sometimes forget how awful this couple really has been. Why do the general public seem to stan hard for the most toxic pairings? Couples who should not still be together.

Yep. I sure don't feel sorry for her. Just like Victoria putting up with Billy's [!@#$%^&*]. Such awful couples.

• Members

Yaaasss!  

I can understand someone calling her out on it (like Nick did at the top of the show yesterday).  I didn't have a problem with it and found the scenes to be entertaining.  BUT what I didn't enjoy watching the gaggle of Hilary haters at The Underground toward the end of the show when everyone was talking shyt about her including Devon (who had just defended her to Nick a few minutes ago).  That wasn't necessary.  The Sharon thing wasn't either IMO.

Look, antagonists (which apparently Hils the the only one) should be confronted by the people directly impacted by their actions.  That's standard issue.  They also need to have a consistent through-line as to why they do the things they do.  Which in Hilary's case, the writer's haven't established.  So it's easier for them to have everyone in a room bashing her.  That's not something that I enjoy watching.

• Members

I don't think they want Lily to be free, if this was any other female character, they would be dating somebody else now. You'll think that Lily would be the main candidate to be free with other people since she can't have kids anymore.

• Members

+1

The Sharon thing was to show Sharon as strong. It was 100% for Sharon's redemption. I understood the purpose. Didn't like it but understood. 

I don't get why Nick apologized to Devon instead of to Hilary. That seemed odd to me. Was it for Devon to tell the audience that he "chooses" to be around Hilary and knows who she is so the audience knows he's not being fooled by her when he's being nice to her and defending her. But it still seemed strange.

I expected that little group/triangle of Devon/Mariah/Tessa to discuss her. They have nothing to talk about if it's not Hilary, in some form. You'd think with Tessa and Mariah romance on the horizon they'd shift focus. But then someone in the group would have to play angst/spoiler/antagonist. And the show is insisting that all three will be white hat and saintly. So that leaves (an absent from the scenes) Hilary to drive that story as antagonist too. 

I wanted Chelsea. She's a young female with little to do. So having her as Hilary's confidante would give her more airtime and purpose. Jill or Nikki would work. Jill knows what it's like to make mistakes in her quest "to be somebody". Nikki knows what it's like to be married to s rich man who tries to control her. Not that I thought Devon tried to control Hilary but that's the dynamic/story they sold for their marital problems. 

• Members

Solid points, I don't disagree.

I agree completely with the bold.

I sadly think the [!@#$%^&*] talking at the Underground is common when someone does something people don't like. Sad but true. Not saying they were going for accuracy, it was a bit much, and not something I agreed with it. I really don't know what they're trying to accomplish by having Hilary do these things, not giving her a real POV on this and then having everyone bash her.

Archived