Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I truly don't think they are. They are more "poor Daniel, racist writers are ruining Cane and Lane." They aren't upset with him. 

I think that's an issue too. He thinks he needs the pairing.  For some reason, I feel tptb want lily out of that pairing to do other things with her. I expect those kids to disappear in a year and never be heard from again. 

• Members

From your lips. It's a huge crime that a young vibrant legacy character spent her entire 20s locked-in as a 40-something matron. Send those kids to boarding school and have Lily start to having flings, dealing with pressures of being an 'aging' model, throw in potential substance abuse or temptations, etc. There are so many things that character could have done. 

DG would work well with ED - when they tested it five years ago (the first trip to Far East where Cane certainly didn't give out Bro Hugs) - CAsh had real potential, but ED was 'traded' to DAYS. I do think DG has been fearful of Lame backlash, instead of recognizing that he's part of best long-term story of SSM's run. DG also knows that undoing Cane as Jill's son - still a terrible mistake - hurt his character's status.

• Members

Lane saved his job last time! They don't need his ass and he knows that. When they killed him and put Lily back with Daniel it completely revitalized her character and you could tell they were forced to bring him back which served no purpose. They aren't even chemistry testing him with anybody else, yet they are for Lily so he has reason to worry.

• Members

Yes! Cane was murdered and was dead dead and Lily and Daniel reunited. It was some of the best acting Christel Khalil had ever done and she had such good chemistry with Daniel, then the Lane stans demanded he be brought back so they did but for years they never had a story because the fans simply wanted them together and to be a happy couple and you could tell Maria Arena Bell had no interest.

Archived