Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I said ealier, the issue didn't exist before. New regime, different value placed on the character. That doesn't make it less valid. Sure, folks wanted her to have more. But that didn't mean that folks wanted her propped to the gods either. 

I never once said it was CGs fault. I never once said she didn't have a right to prominence on the show. My only point was, don't blame Bryton or Mishael if Mariah didn't work out in Devon and Hilary's orbit. That's all. 

• Members

BTW Bill Bell had this tradition where he would build a leading man up, have two women spar over him and then he would kill the man off... How I wish the same pattern would apply to Devon 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

That was me or I was one of the people who said it at least.  I'm not feeling the need to "defend" myself because I don't think I said anything wrong, but I will explain.  I simply saw more chemistry between Mariah and Tessa than I have seen with Mariah and anyone else.  That is obviously subjective to some degree, but I'm not the only one who saw it  I'm frankly amazed the show might go in that direction, I never expected it when I said I thought Mariah might click better with a woman.  I certainly don't think that clicking with another woman on screen is some kind of "dis" to her. That implies that having chemistry with a woman or a same sex relationship is somehow lesser.  I'm not coming from that position at all.  I obviously like Hillary, but I'm not particularly invested in Hillary and Devon.

• Members

Nah, it's just the most random-ass insult I've gotten since that dude who said I had AIDS. True fact, I just used the search engine to look up "cheeto" on here searching for some sort of context. Girl I don't even like Cheetos. Thanks for coming out though, this has been great.

Archived