Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh c'mon, the post Adam/Rafe scene where Adam almost puked and then reaffirmed immediately with Heather was groundbreaking! And people wondered why CE quit playing fetus-killing, gay-for-avoiding-jail Adam. Definitely a low-point for Y&R

Fortunately, Mariah/Tessa actually feels organic - there is no rush to force this. Although we don't know Tessa's background, as far as we've seen (and have been told), Mariah hasn't had same-sex in her history. 

I do like the idea of Sharon playing referee between Noah and Mariah over Tessa. The bonus is that CG/RA work quite well together. I almost wish they weren't related! 

• Members

+1.

That was the point I made from the beginning.

AS is a typical hunk...when allowed to be himself. He's sweet, charming and quite handsome in RL.

The problem was Y&R shoving him into television's usual cookie cutter mode of what constitutes a "nerd/geek" which meant making him look, and act like, Kunal Nayyar from BBT when he should've been hanging out with Devon, Noah, Mariah, Tessa, Abby & Scotty.

• Members

They created a new guy who she doesn't have chemistry with so she won't cheat. This what I would accept, they create another new guy just for a one time thing. All we have to do is see his black back as she gets up out of the bed. She can confess to Jordan about her having a one night stand with somebody. 

I think CK would go for that, she didn't really touch him & the reviews finally think she did a black guy.

• Members

You care way more about what she would go for than anyone should.  If she seriously has a problem with touching a black man she needs to be off the show. The idea that Y&R would cater to her is unacceptable.  That goes for Peter Bergman/Keemo as well.

• Members

More like run right out of town together and forgotten in 3 months. Lol

The role Ravi is playing in this story should be Traci's. There is nothing about it that prevents her from it or that requires it be him. 

I don't mind him now either. He's hardly shoved down our throats. If he doesn't get something else to do soon, I'm fairly certain he will disappear like Stitch. 

• Members

Camryn Grimes has been excellent lately.  Her latest scenes with Hilary was much better structured. Tessa/Mariah/Noah/Devon/Hilary/Sharon and the ramifications sound so good.

People still hating on Joshua Morrow, but why? He has always been like this. What type of acting are people hoping to see from JM at this point? I don't see his scenes calling for anything great at the moment. The scenes between Victor/Nick was good and EB did a good job there too. 

Ravi is also great. I like him in this Dina story and his relationship with Ashley. I'm happy they are keeping the character. Y&R could use some more unrelated secondary characters that add to the show.

Nikki/MTS was glowing in that scene with Jack/Abby, I also love Jack calling Victor "Mr Mumbles again"

YES Dina - [!@#$%^&*] bonds invest in stock!

Please register in order to view this content

Right now I think the show is hitting all the right beats with the stories they currently have in circulation (not saying every story is perfect, but I'm intrigued to at least tune in for more).

In terms of featuring Jill, Nina, Traci more - I mean I would love to see them too. However, what's the budget? Scheduling? I'm sure SSM would like to have these actors visit more, but who knows what goes on behind the scene. I'd rather Jill return when they give her a story. And Nina return once they decide how to utilize her properly after the horrible recton that was done to her history. 

Also Y&R please NO SHEILA/DOPPLEGANGERS/ANY STUPID SHENANIGANS in the future. Please. What you are doing right now is fine, I dig it.

EDIT: I was snooping CK insta since people were talking about her, and that picture of her and MM is stunning 

So apparently MM grew up in Toronto, Canada and was here recently. How awesome is that! They need to get MM and TLW in some scenes together stat!

• Members

+1  I agree with all of this. Traci is needed as a regular, period. I don't think the writers EVER had a "Traci or Ravi?" discussion, and that sounds ridiculous on its surface.

The makeover hurt Ravi, as did the writers not knowing their path for him. It feels like they tried figuring him out as they went along, but does that ever work?

Regardless, I don't get the Ravi bashing on here (character or actor) and I'll take him in a heartbeat over a bland nothing like Zach.

• Members

Isn't it time to stop saying CK doesn't want a show relationship or sex scene with a black guy without some proof??? Anyone have a link? A source for some interview?

This is an AWFUL charge to level against someone  without some evidence.

Archived