Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They are going there! Mariah/Tessa is happening!!! Give Tessa a new damn haircut and I'm HERE FOR THIS! They have more all around chem than damn near every couple on screen. Definitely more than the pairings they're in now! A bisexual quadrangle is exactly what I need to keep my eyes on this boring show!

• Members

Somehow, a "squish name" makes me start disliking a pairing. They suck.

Nonetheless, it looks like we're going there! It's the most exciting thing happening right now, and unlike most storylines, I appreciate a slow build with a romance. As long outside factors ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ don't [!@#$%^&*] it up?

• Members

The most chemistry CG has had with anyone. Long as the bigots don't make the show change direction, this could be great. Noah vs Mariah for Tessa. Sharon's fueding children. This has potential to be big. It'd be better if Noah was more than wall paper and had chemistry with Tessa but that can't be helped. 

• Members

Instead of complaining about the complainers, what do you think is good about it? (And I'm seriously asking). I think some things are OK, the show is watchable, but it's lacking in a lot of ways. To each their own. We're not all ever going to always agree. The world would be a boring place if we did. And even if some of us find some good things, more times than not the boards here are a place to vent frustration. Would I like a bit more balance from the negativity (which I sometimes contribute to)? Sure ... but we're passionate superfans who nitpick everything to death. It's what we do. We criticize because we care.

Eh, the actor is fine. You just want a more generic "hunk" in the role and you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I'd be totally onboard with this. Tessa/Mariah definitely have chemistry. Tessa and Noah, on paper, had some potential but zzzzz. Adamson hasn't really had any good chemistry with anyone they've thrown at him. I notice someone mentioned he had it with MCE and I tend to agree, I think that could be slightly hot. I think he'd probably have chemistry if they tossed a dude his way ...

And @Soapsuds I laugh so hard everytime Morrow "acts" and grits his teeth and tries to emote. He took me right out of the Victor/Nick parking lot scenes. He needs to just be shirtless and not speak.

• Members

I didn't say that's what I wanted. I just find Bryton James incredibly boring and void of charisma. I found Reign Morton charismatic, and not by any means "generic soap hunk." Charisma and likability are very important to being an actor. Especially when playing the good guy. Hell, even Mishael Morgan as the bitch is more likeable. He just doesn't do it for me as a personality. There's nothing about him that would make me attracted to him. 

The writing certainly doesn't help. I don't get this thing where the writers think that to be good you either have to be a complete weak bore, or a sanctimonious, self righteous ass.

• Members

I don't necessarily disagree with you ... and yes the writing doesn't help. Writers used to be able to have complex characters neither "good" or "bad". Real people have flaws. Too many times they make someone "good" incredibly boring and sanctimonious. And you need other characters to be able to call them out and not have it be written as if they're a joke or in the wrong.

Archived