Y&R July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MADE IT UP TO LAST THURSDAY...

I think the build to the concert has been nice. And seeing everyone dressed up has been nice. Ladies are looking great...faves being Sharon, Abby, Ashley, and Mariah. And wow at Noah...when did you get so hot...or more important...those dressed pants sure do show off a nice...uh..back.

I see Victoria vs Abby is being featured which I liked and loved Abby telling Vicky off so far.

was that jealousy I saw with Mariah?

Over Kevin/Chloe.

Miffed that Jill has already left...but happy she does not know EVERYTHING about Cane yet. Gives me hope.  That said...I'm sorry Team Billy on that. After Cane had been throwing shade at Billy for months, I love Billy doing the same for me. Victoria can get over it.

• Members

Soaps have had issues with age and ages and aging FOREVER. I understand mentioning this the first week the older twins appeared. But now? It's time to move on.

I agree with just about everything you've said here.

And I don't get why Nick gets so much flack for his screw you attitude towards Victor. We've all complained INCESSANTLY about Victor -- but Nick is the punk???

Why couldn't Victor -- and Nikki -- realized that Nick did what he did out of love and concern for his mother?

• Members

I think Nick lacks direction, but his problems with Victor are true to form. That was always the basis for adult Victoria and Nick, that they shared traits with their namesake and were close with them as well. I don't need Victor and Nick liking each other. Tolerating yes, but they should never be close.

• Members

I don't mind Nick's attitude towards Victor. I agree they should tolerate each other but they don't need to be close. The problem is Morrow isn't very good (sorry his attractive body doesn't make up for his acting despite what some want to say) so it falls flat. And it's tired, Victor twirls his moustache, the family berates him and excludes him, they end up coming around, wash, rinse, repeat.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about Victoria vs. Abby? Victoria should be above this and it makes Abby look ridiculously insecure.

And no, Christel does not look believable next to her teenagers. Not at all. It's ridiculous. I agree Mattie should have been Ana and Charlie should have been Moses. Lily and Cane didn't need their kids aged. All of them are lackluster actors, too.

• Members

Agree about Moses and Anna for the teen scene with Reed. But Moses and Anna doesn't have the same implications for Lily and Cane. Plus, I don't think they want to feature Neil. Moses would mean having him more prominent. What they should have done was bring back Anna and Yolanda and played those two plus Neil and Moses as a blended family.  But again, they don't seem to want to play Neil  Also, I get the feeling that these kids were soras'd to send them packing off to boarding school or college.  

• Members

+1.

It doesn't help their scenes amount to Abby screaming at Victoria while Victoria stands around looking bored.

If half of a 'feuding' couple has no investment in their rivalry it makes their interactions a complete waste of time.

• Members

Based on what I remember of his backstory, TPTB would have to retcon it in order for Marsino to have a daughter Tessa's age.

I'm not a fan of retcons because 99% of what the soaps usually come up with is terrible but hey, that never stops them from doing it, so you never know!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Yep, thank you. That's exactly what it is. Abby pitches a ridiculous fit because of her own paranoia and Victoria stands there looking bored as Abby rails. Zzzzz

I know they aged them to react to the Cane/Lily drama but the child actress playing Mattie would have sufficed IMHO. And good point on them not wanting to feature Neil. That seems to be true, they have little interest in him. I like your idea of the blended family and would enjoy watching that. I haven't minded the implosion of Cane/Lily because Cane's finally a bit interesting but DG's whisper acting is getting tiresome and he's been terrible conveying remorse. I'd rather watch Juliet doing nothing but sitting there than watch Cane whisper and quiver and Lily cry and bitch.

• Members

DG has been the worst actor I've ever seen on a soap.

He spends 80% of his scenes covering his face with his hands. WTF? That's like the number 1 rule in acting. People are here to see you. Don't hide your damn face behind your hands. It's cringe-worthy...

Archived